real time web analytics
Report - - Garnett's cabinet works-warrington (april 2009) report | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Garnett's cabinet works-warrington (april 2009) report

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member

a little explore of the cabinet works in warrington in april

access the usual way in ,however there has been some attempt by the council to try and secure this place....to little effect also they have issued notice on the owner to make the place more secure under the public health act 1936

set on 3 levels garnett's also has an interesting basement in complete darkness there seems to be war bunkers (2 of them) running widthway.s along the centre of this building with little hatches at either end leading up onto street level

the water tower was out the question had a look up with the torch and the floors were rotted and wet so was a no go for me

anyone going to this place be very careful of the floors in the centre of the building as they are very rotted

anyway cant find much history on this place apart from

Robert Garnett was born on 6 Jun 1830 in Penketh, Warrington, Lancs.. He died on 9 Apr 1903 in Penketh, Warrington, Lancs.. He was buried in Sankey. He married Mary James on 15 Sep 1859 in Stanwix, Carlisle. Robert was employed as a Cabinet maker. He was a generous local benefactor to many churches and charities and even laid the foundation stone at penketh methodist church.

on with the pics

had to use flash at the end as my torch died on me​

DSCF2760.jpg

5.jpg

DSCF2682.jpg

DSCF2684.jpg

DSCF2692_edited-1.jpg

DSCF2696.jpg

DSCF2699.jpg

DSCF2713.jpg

DSCF2723.jpg

DSCF2728.jpg