real time web analytics
Report - - Garnetts Cabinet Works, Warrington - July 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Garnetts Cabinet Works, Warrington - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Visited with ACID-REFLUX, Telf & Will Knot. Good to meet you & thanks for putting up with me, enjoyed the 'tomb raider' style access :)
Already a few reports gone up so tried to not to repeat the same stuff. A nice explore but a bit bare inside.

IMG_0592_zpsd9d9e4ee.jpg

History,
"Robert Garnett was born on 6 Jun 1830 in Penketh, Warrington, Lancs. He died on 9 Apr 1903 in Penketh, Warrington, Lancs.. He was buried in Sankey. He married Mary James on 15 Sep 1859 in Stanwix, Carlisle. Robert was employed as a Cabinet maker. He was a generous local benefactor to many churches and charities and even laid the foundation stone at penketh methodist church."
Also after we got in Telf told us apparently the police were called after someone heard screaming from inside the building but it was searched & nothing was found :eek:

IMG_0569_zps8def3454.jpg

IMG_0586_zps38f8899f.jpg

IMG_0589_zps62cb0b56.jpg

IMG_0594_zpsf232e693.jpg

IMG_0599_zps41e53165.jpg

IMG_0603_zps54cd8428.jpg

IMG_0608_zpsc299c08b.jpg

IMG_0620_zpsa1630ab7.jpg

IMG_0616_zps158b90ae.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice mate and deffo different to what's been posted :thumb

Think you've been watching will with his selective images......nice ......unfortunately I didn't get chance to change lenses with being in a rush cos of Grumpy Bum lol

Takes some decent pics that camera ......good choice

Wondered if the "R" was gonna make an appearance

Still got something on your lens though mate

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Very nice mate and deffo different to what's been posted :thumb

Think you've been watching will with his selective images......nice ......unfortunately I didn't get chance to change lenses with being in a rush cos of Grumpy Bum lol

Takes some decent pics that camera ......good choice

Wondered if the "R" was gonna make an appearance

Still got something on your lens though mate

thanks mate, yeah only just realised but think my lens is definitely clean now...

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another cool set mate and a interesting different take on the place. Looks like you lads had a good day out :)

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Didn't fancy the tower then mate? ;)

It was a horrid death trap in 2007, cracking views all the same!

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Thanks guys :) "Didn't fancy the tower then mate?" Hell no! Watched Telf attempt it & that was good enough for me :eek:

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
@ OP Urblex... looks like your pics have disappeard... hope you can sort it, look forward to seeing them. :thumb

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Yeah mate not saying you didn't, watched Telf try to go up but didn't see you going up cuz we were ahead of you & will ;) & yeah struggling to find the 'edit post button' :sad i'll get there in the end....

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was joking mate . Still got the muscle strain though :)

Ahead of us ? :tumbleweed here we come .......eventually :D

Answer your texts.........again :)

vic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Didn't fancy the tower then mate? ;)

It was a horrid death trap in 2007, cracking views all the same!

I've not done the "tomb raider" access but got in when someone had broken in and it was left unsecured for a week. It is a death trap, what with missing floors (e.g. where concrete at ground floor suddenly becomes a wood floor with holes in it), the rotten tower stairs, and (Acid-Reflux wasn't joking about risking death) it's not recommended to stand on lead with rotten rafters underneath. No point trying to compete with the OP pics but here's a couple of shots just to show the danger. First is what looks like one of the roof ventilators at ground level, you have to think how it got there from the roof, and second is the other tower with what looks like a slab of concrete or stone just waiting to fall 50 feet, though how it got to that position is a mystery.

Garnett debris CU.jpg
Garnett inner tower with slab.jpg

vic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Vandalism - the hoist tower parapet has been pushed over onto the roof of the old works.Stupid stuff.
garnett hoist tower damage.jpg

Last edited: