real time web analytics
Report - - George Barnsleys - August 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - George Barnsleys - August 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know this place has been done to death by various urbex types and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows the history and has probably visited but here's my take on George Barnsley's

I keep driving past and the place keeps on looking inaccessible.

It seems to be even more secure than before with the recent fire in the adjacent building. I'm pretty sure I notice some roofing remedial works going on so hopefully these buildings will be kept as part of Sheffield's industrial heritage.

I'd love to know if anyone has any information on what's going to happen to these buildings?

My pics in no particular order:

Chair-of-doom.jpg

GB40.jpg

GB41.jpg

GB42.jpg

Loxley-red1.jpg

Loxley-red2.jpg

GB17.jpg

GB19.jpg

GB21.jpg

GB23.jpg

GB24.jpg

GB26.jpg

GB27.jpg

GB28.jpg

GB2.jpg

GB3.jpg

GB4.jpg

GB7.jpg

GB8.jpg

GB9.jpg

GB10.jpg

GB12.jpg

GB14.jpg

GB15.jpg

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Never tire of seeing this place good report that and love your take on the place some great pics there thanks for the update on the old girl.

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Never tire of seeing this place good report that and love your take on the place some great pics there thanks for the update on the old girl.
Thanks Dave, this place is like photographic manna from heaven for me. A real shame I haven't been able to get back in. It was hard enough squeezing my enormous bulk through that tiny hole in the wall! ;-)

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Always good to see this place, although sad to see the decline.
Am a fan of these photos, the orange lighting gives it a warm aesthetic which works well. If you don't mind me asking, which lens are you using for the last photo especially?

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always good to see this place, although sad to see the decline.
Am a fan of these photos, the orange lighting gives it a warm aesthetic which works well. If you don't mind me asking, which lens are you using for the last photo especially?
All the photos in this set were shot on a Sony 20mm FE f1.8 lens. It's very sharp and rarely gets taken off my camera. And thanks, the lighting is something I do more of than urbex photography, I'm a lightpainting photographer normally. I take RGB LED cubes in to these places with me and place them around a scene if possible.

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking shots there, really want to get in here... Failed it again last weekend, was going for the hole, but there appeared to be people home in the building I was told to use, and I noticed the roof work also, so I scarpered :banghead:rofl

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking shots there, really want to get in here... Failed it again last weekend, was going for the hole, but there appeared to be people home in the building I was told to use, and I noticed the roof work also, so I scarpered :banghead:rofl
Thanks, I'm told there is another way in only recently through next door's derelict building. I'm going to Sheff in the morning so will swing by for a look. I seem to spend my weekends swinging by old places I've visited now locked up. Cannon's Brewery was briefly accessible a couple of weeks ago but whomever is looking after the place soon secured it. This apprears to be a "right place right time" game.....

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks, I'm told there is another way in only recently through next door's derelict building. I'm going to Sheff in the morning so will swing by for a look. I seem to spend my weekends swinging by old places I've visited now locked up. Cannon's Brewery was briefly accessible a couple of weeks ago but whomever is looking after the place soon secured it. This apprears to be a "right place right time" game.....
I missed the brewery again then, I checked that too :lol assuming we're thinking of the same building, that sounds like the access point I was told about, the cars parked right outside it threw me off... Was a Friday afternoon though, which certainly didn't help :rofl

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I always like seeing this place. It was of the places I most wanted to see and was excited when I went about eight years ago. Been three times now. You come away with some great pics. You can just tell you used a nice fast prime lens. I love using prime lenses. Been using a 65mm macro lens lately a lot, you can't get too wide but can get great detail.