real time web analytics
Video Report - - German gun emplacement, St. Aubin, Jersey | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - German gun emplacement, St. Aubin, Jersey

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GJ0KYZ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Below is a link to a short video I shot this afternoon of a German gun battery overlooking St. Aubin in Jersey. I don't know too much about the Island's German fortifications but I believe the location of this site had been lost until fairly recently when a visitor fell from the cliff on which it's situated whilst looking for its location. The individual in question landed on the roof of the northern exit of Hohlgansanlage 5 and unfortunately died of his injuries. The site is still hard to locate and is some 30m off the track that winds its way up the hillside from the footpath that follows the old railway line.

I've been looking around the area over the past two weekends trying to see if there's a way into HO5. The main entrance to this tunnel is locked shut as is the northern exit mentioned above. Michael Ginn's book Jersey's German Tunnels gives the rough location of HO5's escape shaft and this is easily located up and in amongst the trees to the left of the footpath. The problem is that the shaft is nowadays covered with a flat roof and perspex dome. This is all secure and nothing short of breaking and entering will allow access. The tunnel is used by someone doing bike repairs a few days a week so perhaps they will allow access for a permission visit. I think previous mention of HO5 on 28DL may have been made under this arrangement. It's better than nothing of course but I would have liked to have gotten in under my own steam.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
just a quick thing change your prefix from report to video report.