real time web analytics
Report - - Gipsies Tent Inn, Dudley, May 2011 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gipsies Tent Inn, Dudley, May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
I've passed this quite a few times and finally decided to take a peek. I didn't expect to find much but I was wrong. The place is littered with music scores, old medicine bottles and broken vintage furniture. A fantastic mooch.

The first member of the Millard family took on the license of the Jolly Collier pub and brewery in 1867. The name was changed to the Gypsy's Tent some time between 1871 and 1881. The original brewery was demolished and 'Millard's Little Model Brewery' was built about 1886. Mr. Harry Wright Millard became licensee on the death of his father in 1898. He retired as licensee in 1952, but still helped with the brewing.
The brewery ceased to operate about 1961, but the Gypsy's Tent Hotel & Restaurant continued on until about 1982.

In the late 70s the two bachelor brothers Bert and Don Millard who ran it, shut the doors and never opened it again. The Black country living museum later had the bar fixtures and fittings.

outsideshotPB.jpg

telefacedownPB.jpg

stairstelePB.jpg

BarLoungePB.jpg

bedroom22PB.jpg
brownchairPB.jpg

bedupturnedPB.jpg

Dudleytiolet.jpg
cupboardPB.jpg

chestofdrawersPB.jpg

oldradioPB.jpg

EvidenceofthingsPB.jpg