real time web analytics
Report - - Glenfiddich Lodge Moray Sept 2021 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Glenfiddich Lodge Moray Sept 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dee_67

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Found this beauty after looking at Google maps and OS. An old hunting lodge that had been converted into temporary holding for grouse in preparation for the glorious 12th (hunting season). Kind of ironic, as this place would've been packed with punters trying shoot the birds out of the sky.
The local land owner seems to have given up on the old buildings on his land, so I'm looking out for new locations in the area.

Spotted the lodge in a report on this site from 2008 The doors and windows have been boarded up since then and the feathered residents messed up the tartan carpet slightly more, but all in all not much has changed. Cheers for looking

Corridor of doom

View of the kennels

The old boiler

Boiler room

Extension Lean-To
-

This Way

Upstairs in the outbuildings

Hill above the lodge

Behind the lodge

Quadrangle in the middle of the lodge

The cellar!

Outbuilding

Another view of the quad

Internal corridor, window not boarded up

Remains of immersion heater

Scullery fireplace

Lead lined sink in scullery

KItchen range

Wider kitchen view

Taps in scullery

Any ideas? Fuses?

Cheers

Last edited:

Dee_67

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's really quite nice with a lot too see. And some unusual bits.
Cheers Mikeymutt, this place is in my neck of the woods, so only about an hour to get here. There's another lodge in the area that's just as good, but a longer walk in. The whole area in fact suffered from major depopulation back in the day, so lots of empty places around.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cheers Mikeymutt, this place is in my neck of the woods, so only about an hour to get here. There's another lodge in the area that's just as good, but a longer walk in. The whole area in fact suffered from major depopulation back in the day, so lots of empty places around.
Yeah I know what you mean about plenty that way with a massive depopulation. I have done a fair few places in that area. They seem to be everywhere. Hopefully see more of your finds soon.

Dee_67

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks Hughie. Just under 2 miles in from the car to reach it. Constantly scared sh**less by grouse flying out of bushes. Was a nervous wreck before we even got there.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Looks an interesting place. Were all the lodges in the same state? Some very old bits in there. Yep that's an old fuse box. I know someone whos` house hasn't been updated at all in nearly 80 + yrs and he still has these copper coil fuses. :oops:

Looks like it could be an area of flooding. But peaceful. Wouldn't mind a camp here, if isnt cared for , or unlikely to have an angry farmer wake me up lol

Dee_67

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks an interesting place. Were all the lodges in the same state? Some very old bits in there. Yep that's an old fuse box. I know someone whos` house hasn't been updated at all in nearly 80 + yrs and he still has these copper coil fuses. :oops:

Looks like it could be an area of flooding. But peaceful. Wouldn't mind a camp here, if isnt cared for , or unlikely to have an angry farmer wake me up lol
Hey, thanks for the feedback. There's another lodge around 4 miles from this one and it's in a slightly better state with more outbuildings and kennels like these ones. Should be fine camping around here, just watch out for grouse flying out of every conceivable bush!

Gudgeon Pin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My best guess for those copper windings is that this is the innards of some kind of bell box to communicate with the servants.

Actually, a quick google has confirmed this. It is the mechanism associated with an indicator box of this kind:-

The electromagnets would move an indicator card in the appropriate window for the room where service was required, as in this video. The rotten fragments of some of the old cards are visible in your picture:-

Who has read this thread (Total: 210) View details