Web
Analytics
Report - - Gp3 Fpso | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Gp3 Fpso

A

AL-Z

So we've had the Transocean Explorer, how's about this for an explore? An actual active oil, errr, boat.
Okay, so it was in drydock at the time, ;) , but it's still cool, yeah?
Anyways, this is the beastie viewed from the quayside:

DSC00062.jpg

And this is the view down the river it was berthed on, I'm sure the more eagle-eyed among you will recognise it.

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

It was in for a refit, which meant that on the deck was mad with scaffolding everywhere, and lots of bodies. The engine rooms were a bit more exciting though...

DSC00077.jpg

That's a V16 diesel generator, one of umpteen. Because you can't just plug a boat into the national grid!

Some sort of junction box for what is probably an electric motor for the thrusters.

DSC00076.jpg

This could be the worst graffiti I have ever seen:

DSC00075.jpg

The place was built in the Far East:

DSC00074.jpg

And is exceptionally clean, as far as most oil rigs/boats go...

DSC00073.jpg

And that's about it - all taken with my phone camera, as it was effectively a huge construction site at the time, and walking around with an SLR would've been a bitty conspicuous... :rolleyes: