real time web analytics
Report - - Granary No.5, Avonmouth - May 2015 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Granary No.5, Avonmouth - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looks great, nice work!

We managed spillers a few years back and that was great too. Any left there unexplored now?

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Looks great, nice work!

We managed spillers a few years back and that was great too. Any left there unexplored now?

We have done Spillers and the Ford flour mill. That's all of them. Those two can be seen in the second to last photo.

Seffy

Staff member
Yep, that's all the (remaining) Avonmouth giants done. Gutted that we missed the boat with CWS, was certainly a case of snoozeyoulose...

Lovely photos mate, will try and get mine up soon :p

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
From what I was told by relatives who work witihn the docks this was also known as BOCM Pauls mill towards the end of its working life. At one point there were 6, maybe 7, mills/silos on the main dock strip apparently. It's a shame the original spillers mill (not silo) went in the 80's.

Old enough to remember the Ford one in use too.. eek.

Last edited:

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
From what I was told by relatives who work witihn the docks this was also known as BOCM Pauls mill towards the end of its working life. At one point there were 6, maybe 7, mills/silos on the main dock strip apparently. It's a shame the original spillers mill (not silo) went in the 80's.

Old enough to remember the Ford one in use too.. eek.

Yep, just some open space and some newer small warehouse type buildings replaced the actual mill. Only three remaining now. I suggest people see these sooner rather than later. Losing out on CWS will continue to bother me.