real time web analytics
Grays Vehicle Graveyard, Norfolk (Revisit) : January 2023 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Grays Vehicle Graveyard, Norfolk (Revisit) : January 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Grays Vehicle Yard

I must have been to Grays around 8 or 9 times now with @dansgas1000 and @Mikeymutt, also taken quite a few non-members. It's a brilliant stress-free place and makes for fantastic photos.
These photos are over two of my many trips. The first set is from one of mine and Dans visits. We wanted to return as we both got new lenses so wanted to try them out. The 2nd set was with Mikey who kindly showed us round as he found some extra bits hidden away. Two static caravans full of stuff.

Grays yard is linked to the Aldrich Family who were apparently quite well known around the South Norfolk / Breckland area. They also owned the old shop in Banham, along with 'Gefforeys House'. These are also a few more derpy sites and houses that belonged to them also.

This may not be the most exciting or interesting place out there, but I really enjoy it, and so does anyone I show around there. It's such an easy site to photograph too. It's cool to see nature dragging these cars down to the earth.
This place is really getting out there at the moment, each time I go there's always someone walking around having a look.

Starting off with the main reason everyone goes, to get this shot of the Land Rover.

IMG_6238-HDR.jpg

IMG_6226-HDR.jpg

IMG_6229-HDR.jpg

Onto a nice brown on brown Lada.

IMG_6244-HDR.jpg

IMG_6247-HDR.jpg

IMG_6187-HDR.jpg

IMG_6172-HDR.jpg

A rather frilly looking Peugeot 104 'special'
Not looking too special now.

IMG_6298-HDR.jpg

IMG_6279-HDR.jpg

IMG_6268-HDR.jpg

IMG_6271-HDR.jpg

IMG_6259.jpg

Not many FSO's left! This is an E reg so 36 years old now. This particular example is fitted with a 1.5 litre engine, which I think was the biggest offered in this model at the time.

IMG_6322-HDR.jpg

IMG_6337-HDR.jpg

IMG_6325-HDR.jpg

IMG_6316-HDR.jpg

Walking to the rear half of the site, you pass this old Bedford wooden backed van

IMG_6121-HDR.jpg

IMG_6145-HDR.jpg

Inside the barn to a Thames van which is in reasonable condition actually!

IMG_6052-HDR.jpg

IMG_6064-HDR.jpg

IMG_6058-HDR.jpg

IMG_6055-HDR.jpg

IMG_6021-HDR.jpg

A poor dog which died under the Thames van

IMG_6039-HDR.jpg

Now into a small room full of bits and pieces

IMG.jpg

IMG_6142-HDR.jpg

IMG_6154-HDR.jpg

IMG_6160-HDR.jpg

Cant be many of these owner's books left!

IMG_6151-HDR.jpg

IMG_6166-HDR.jpg

Continued....

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Now onto the colder visit! This was with Mikey where he showed us to the caravans. The crisp morning made for beautiful photos.
Starting off outside at the vans at the start of the site.

IMG_6351.jpg

We love fungi! There's some groovy fungi growing on the motor here.

IMG_6345.jpg

IMG_6366.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

Love the patterns of the tyre in the frost.

IMG_6369.jpg

Looking inside an old Ford Zodiac. Some lovely veneer in'ere!

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_6381.jpg

The interior to a Mercedes-Benz. I am a big Mercedes fan, so this is my favourite motor on the site.

IMG_6390.jpg

Insert a pun about springs or shocks here....

IMG_6393.jpg

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6399.jpg

A 'smiley' Transit. Probably the newest vehicle here.

IMG_6402.jpg

Lots of toys dotted randomly.

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

Moving Inside the caravans

IMG_6425.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

The absolutely rotten kitchen, I fell through the floor here and got stuck in a pile of old shit.

IMG_6411.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

Last edited:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice shots mate. The frosty ones are great, looks so much better in the cold. It’s nice having this on the door step and it’s so photogenic.

OutlawExplorer

Aut inveniam viat aut faciam
28DL Full Member
Looks like set piece design for the walking dead, awesome. That ultimate warrior toy might be worth some money online if you clean it up!