real time web analytics
Question - - Great back stories | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Great back stories

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Do you have any good back stories to your explores?

This weekend I'm off to a mausoleum built for a man who died from being kicked in the nuts by his laundry maid.

Any others....

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
I think beyond small-scale/residential places with sort of one-off interpersonal lore behind them as you describe, for anywhere of civic or industrial concern one is largely just able to look at historical context of really. I.e. how significant was what went on here relative to the course of history, local or wider. Vast majority don't hold any significance, to be honest there barely any 'derelict/abandoned places' that are truly (in)famous venues of historical significance, as these more commonly get turned into museums. A few exceptions though. Bletchley Park for example, world famous 'venue' in global history, part museum/part derp. Gwasg Gee printers in north Wales is often cited as vital in keeping the Welsh language in print. Burlington obviously; Down Street, one of the Tube ghost stations too. And I think the best one: HMP Maze. Talk about a serious back story.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Olkka when researching this one I thought umm I don't often get a good backstory. You see these grand mansions fallen into ruin and you think, wow this must have an amazing backstory. You do the research and they were rich and ran out of money, end of story :)