real time web analytics
Report - - Great Tew Manor House, Oxfordshire - August 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Great Tew Manor House, Oxfordshire - August 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
This place has been on my list since I read Ghost's report on it, but it took a few weeks of fuel-funding and time finding to do it. The day turned out to be a 14 hour drive, stopping by at a couple of other sites down south on the way back.
Needless to say, I now hate service stations with a passion... £8 for a bloody coffee and sarnie... and also the M6 (yes, i know I could have avoided the toll by re-routing the sat-nav, but it was the quickest way to Stafford on the way back for a visit to St Georges).

Anyway.. Back to GT, and wow... what a lovely manor house this really is, and Im really pleased I found the time and energy to make the long drive down. I noticed that other reports havent said too much on the location and detail of this place due to various reasons, so to respect that, as well as the fact that it is part lived-in and for respect to the owners, I will not divulge any info as to its exact location either.
Currently undergoing renovation, with scaffolding up the place is Grade II listed and I hope it will continue to be restored fully. It is a fantastic building and well worth a visit :)

ae00f8ff.jpg

cdf6b66b.jpg
3b57581a.jpg

48eb45d5.jpg

812f00f0.jpg
63551c6a.jpg

5b0ffaec.jpg
c75224bd.jpg

cf5b704b.jpg

02b339b0.jpg
e6775db4.jpg

e0101aff.jpg