real time web analytics
Information - - Green Lodge Naturopathic Hodpital | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Green Lodge Naturopathic Hodpital

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Squeakydee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi,

Very interesting to see this on here as I grew up in Attwoods Manor before it was turned into a residential home by my parents, who also owned the coachhouse which looks like it was taken over by the naturopathic hospital.

There was a separate stable block at the rear if the coachhouse which was owned by a family from Gosfield, along with pasture and a kitchen garden. Looks like this was also acquired by the naturopathic hospital.

I grew up in the main house and remember my parents restoring the coachhouse. The huge room with white beams was a billiards room and had a fireplace in each corner dedicated to the four seasons.

They installed the swimming pool after I moved out in around 1983. I don't know who they sold it to as we are estranged and have not been in contact since then.

It's such a shame to see how much the place has been vandalised. It was originally owned by Brigadier Vasey who is related to MP Ed Vasey. My parents bought it in the early 1970s. The coach house was the set of a horror film which I don't think was ever released, but I'm sure was a John Carpenter film. I remember fog machines and fake blood but wasn't allowed to watch any of the filming.

Happy to answer any questions

Squeakydee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not sure who bought it or why they let it go to ruin. Must have been empty for years now judging by the state of it.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thought this was originally a stable block. the large door with lamp above it still is excellent & all the internal doors are of an extraordinary size, its a shame they dont do something with it tbh.

Squeakydee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thought this was originally a stable block. the large door with lamp above it still is excellent & all the internal doors are of an extraordinary size, its a shame they dont do something with it tbh.
The stables and tack room were behind the coachouse. If I remember correctly there were 3 or 4 stables, and a feed store. Plenty of very valuable salvage there, especially the original Minton tiles in the coach house.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The stables and tack room were behind the coachouse. If I remember correctly there were 3 or 4 stables, and a feed store. Plenty of very valuable salvage there, especially the original Minton tiles in the coach house.