real time web analytics
Report - - Greenham Common (GAMA), Berkshire - June 2014 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Greenham Common (GAMA), Berkshire - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Maybe being a bit thick here.. but surely a satellite will not be able to see if the doors are open or not as the doors are not facing the sky? (if I'm about to be called thick, in my defence can I just say been in the office for 12 hours so far today and feeling a bit tired)

First off, I was quoting Post #01 not making the statement myself.

But satellites do not need to be directly overhead, they can look in at an angle! however at first there were in fact inspectors from both sides who used to visit on the ground as it were.

BobBob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"...you’d need a forklift to move that concrete block unfortunately ..." Wanna bet? :rolleyes: As an Engineer that knows the right way to do things, the wrong way to do things , & the way to get things done ... I can see at least 2 ways to move that block with non-powered man transportable tools. Normally said tools wouldn't make one think of "Breaking & Entering" but getting caught with them here, they'd hit you so hard with the "Book", you're Arse would pop up in China! (unless the block is obstructed with something permanently fixed in place ... then C4 :eek: is the answer !) :p
What like some hydraulic gear u mean? Don't suppose you got any C4 lying around have you?!! Thermite is an interesting thing I once made! Goes through anything!!

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
got a few "methods".. first i'd try a couple of block and tackles (couple cause they get really non man transportable (ie:big) in the larger working loads) 3' long by at least 1" dia. steel rod per block and tackle (for anchoring). drive anchor rod (use a plastic dead-blow hammer- very little noise) at end of the concrete slabs, throw a couple of loops of suitable rope over the block, hook one end LOW on the rod, other on the loops & have at it. A little dirt on the concrete acts as "rollers" (till they're ground to dust !) . may only have to move it a couple of feet .... only to find the door welded shut!!! such is the life of UE..

No C4, it's under the neighbors house for when he REALLY pisses me off !!:eek:....;)

musley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow awesome. I remember the Greenham women but you only ever saw the outside of the fence they were chained to. Brill pics, very interesting, thanks!