real time web analytics
Report - - Gros Ouvrage Soetrich - France - July 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gros Ouvrage Soetrich - France - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Saul

Basterd
28DL Full Member
I visited here solo on my 6 day exploring/lead checking/mooching session before I picked my girlfriend up and headed for the Netherlands.

I'd been here early last year but camera battery issues prevented me getting any pictures. Fortunately the access was still there but still a bastard to find. I somehow managed to miss the Usine, both times, which is pretty annoying, however I'm not actually sure it's still there. Anyway...

Ouvrage Soetrich is a gros ouvrage of the Maginot Line in northeastern France. Soetrich is located between petits ouvrages Immerhof and Bois Karre, facing the France-Luxembourg border near the town of Hettange-Grande, part of the Fortified Sector of Thionville. Compared with other gros ouvrages, Soetrich is compact in arrangement, with the entries and underground ammunition magazines and barracks in close proximity to the combat blocks, accessed through underground galleries at an average depth of 30 metres (98 ft).

More history and info here.

Solo underground exploring is not the best idea so I was glad to bump into 2 French/Luxembourg explorers down there.

OS7_zps09aa3918.jpg

OS9_zpsb32bae3b.jpg

81 mm Mortar Embrasures.

OS1_zpsf1dfb4b2.jpg

OS4_zps6c9c0688.jpg

The "Chappelle".

OS8_zpsd6c7373a.jpg

OS2_zpsb9f15992.jpg

OS5_zps24b9ea8c.jpg

OS6_zpse09b3c66.jpg

OS3_zps0753a686.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I'd like to have a look down one of these one day, top man for heading in alone and getting some great images.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Didn't know Soetrich was open, it had just been backfilled last time I looked, ages ago. Looks fairly decent. Did you try any others in the Thionville sector?

Saul

Basterd
28DL Full Member
Didn't know Soetrich was open, it had just been backfilled last time I looked, ages ago. Looks fairly decent. Did you try any others in the Thionville sector?

It's been open at least 18 months now but I've not seen anything anywhere though. I didn't do anything else this time, I just wanted to get some pictures from here in case it got sealed again. But the others I have done in the Thionville Sector are Molvange and Billig. Both reports are on here.