real time web analytics
Report - - Harcourt Sands Holiday Park, Isle of Wight - Oct 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harcourt Sands Holiday Park, Isle of Wight - Oct 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
Harcourt Sands, owned by Renowned, closed back in 2006 resulting in over 11 hectares of land becoming an unused eyesore with the loss of 167 jobs. In 2007 vandals targeted the abandoned buildings resulting in a massive blaze that destroyed the holiday park’s entertainment complex. The site has not been occupied since.

Set in award-winning gardens that stretch down to a sandy beach, ideal for strolls and views across the Solent. Indoor pool includes a super flume, bubble pool and sauna. Outdoor pool is open from end of May to end of August. Children will enjoy the Toboggan Run and their own programme of fun activities. Other attractions include short-mat bowling, archery, gentle fun-fitness, line dancing, tea dances, championship 3 rink indoor bowls and bingo. Plus evening entertainment with top class cabaret and live dance band. Chalets include en-suite shower or bathroom, tea and coffee facilities, colour TV, fresh towels and soap, and bed linen. Ambassador Chalets (available at a supplement) are furnished to a higher standard and include Teletext TV, hair dryer, radio-alarm, a welcoming bottle of sparkling wine, chocolates and fruit basket.”

The Explore

Myself and another explorer started the day by getting the early morning ferry over to the Isle of Wight. There were about six or seven locations that we wanted to try and cram in that day so we didn’t hang about at any of the places we managed to get into that day.

After finding the abandoned holiday camp we managed to find a way in, avoiding the anti-vandal paint slapped on everywhere. The place has been closed for ten years, and in that time its been well and truly vandalised and destroyed. However there are some parts of the place which still look good condition and the buildings themselves, other than being over grown with bushes were in good nick.

Unfortunately after trying for ages we couldn’t get into the indoor swimming pool area, it had been recently boarded up and was very secure with no roof access. I did manage to get half way in through an air duct tunnel but got scared and came out.

We didn’t get to explore the whole site as we were caught half way in a building by security in a van with a dog and had to run like hell. A good explore though and I will defiantly be going back to get into the swimming pool and explore the rest of it!

25328549649_42cb94a166_b.jpg

25328541109_68b2ae8b56_b.jpg

30876081941_4a6609d4ca_b.jpg

30964339485_e5742e4921_b.jpg

30662780560_03efd49fdf_b.jpg

30876058961_c51879c7f2_b.jpg

30964320005_f81fa83091_b.jpg

30964413645_1bba568c7e_b.jpg

30662649790_1ee1b740a3_b.jpg

This is the duct i was half way up haha
30662761210_d3ba51e676_b.jpg

25328476379_e5e8cc0ef2_b.jpg

30876008061_0ededff2b7_b.jpg

30964244045_2d7d4d24b6_b.jpg

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
Nice one, just a heads up the swimming pool is alarmed and if you do get in you won't wanna stick around for long! Apparently its used by fire brigade for training. Next time you're over give me a shout and I'll show you a few other things on the Island..

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
Nice one, just a heads up the swimming pool is alarmed and if you do get in you won't wanna stick around for long! Apparently its used by fire brigade for training. Next time you're over give me a shout and I'll show you a few other things on the Island..

Oh ok haha cheers for that bro! Didn't know the fire service used it, that's cool.

Yeah man definitely give you a shout, think we are going back in a few weeks :)

Jingles01

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I heard very recently that this site is next up on a local demolition contractor's work list - last chances to visit are coming up for this site.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Good to see this. I had a wander around here in 2013 and found access to the swimming pool. However my hard drive died and i lost all the pics.

Used to go to the isle of wight every year for holiday as a kid so remember seeing this place when it was open.

Thanks for sharing mate