real time web analytics
Report - - Harcourt Sands Indoor Swimming Pool, Isle of Wight - September 2018 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harcourt Sands Indoor Swimming Pool, Isle of Wight - September 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
There are loads of reports on the rest of the holiday park but non feature the swimming pool, only @albino-jay and myself have done it as far as I know.

It's belled up, double boarded and used by the fire brigade for training - the rest of the park is left to rot but this is kept super secure.​

Harcourt Sands was originally two holiday parks, Warners Puckpool and Warners St. Clare. Puckpool was built in 1939 and rapidly requisitioned by the navy to become HMS Medina.
St Clare was built after the war and the two were merged in the '90's.

Later taken over by Haven and then Renouned the whole site closed in September 2006. Plans for redevelopment recently fell through and part of the site is up for sale.

Extract from brochure:​
puckpool edit.jpg

And on with the pictures:
hs1.jpg
hs2.jpg
hs3.jpg
hs4.jpg
hs5.jpg
hs6.jpg
hs7.jpg

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
That's awesome, who'd have thought that would be sat there with the rest of the rotting camp.

Reactions: b3n

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Nice mate! I really need to try and recover my old ide hdd see whats on it. Sure my IoW trip is on there, it has to be.

I remember going in this when it was open too. Like you saoly looks like it could open tomorrow.

Reactions: b3n

mobicbear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Local Press reporting a fire in the roof of one of the Harcourt Sands buildings this evening. 2 Appliances from Ryde on site

Eunos96

Drifting through explores
28DL Full Member
Was gutted at the fact i couldnt get inside this part when i visited it, knew it would be a gem inside!

Without giving too much away, did the access involved quite a high drop? (not from the roof)

Eunos96

Drifting through explores
28DL Full Member
great report by the way, awesome pictures! And like someone has already said, it looks loke it could open tomorrow!

Who has read this thread (Total: 264) View details