real time web analytics
Question - - Harness with zipwire pulleys? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Harness with zipwire pulleys?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex0

Got nekkid in a warehouse
28DL Full Member
Plain crab on a wire? I wouldn't - it'll saw through it...

Via a short tyrolean traverse? He'd be moving slower than he would be if he was actually climbing vertically.

That was my initial response.

No it wasn't. Your initial response was you needed 3 safety points and didn't want to have to remove the pulley from your harness so you wouldn't drop it down a chasm - something you've told these people here that actually know what they are talking about and know that 1 point of protection is how this stuff is done.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Ah, on a traverse, no problem just using a cows tail and a crab. On a zip wire, you'll die.

sim2lew

Likes a good derp
28DL Full Member
No it wasn't. Your initial response was you needed 3 safety points and didn't want to have to remove the pulley from your harness so you wouldn't drop it down a chasm - something you've told these people here that actually know what they are talking about and know that 1 point of protection is how this stuff is done.

My initial response to you saying plain crab on wire.

Why are you having such a go at me after I asked you if you were still into exploring? Have I offended you in some way?

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Right the OP has his answer, thread locked now before it turns into another how do I a harness debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details