real time web analytics
Report - - Headley Court, Surrey - March 2023 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Headley Court, Surrey - March 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with man gone wrong a few months back. I had fancied seeing this side for a while. I liked the decay in here and it retained them old style original military building features. The original mess hall, and dining room and social club are situated inside. We arrived early and access was surprisingly very simple. we spent quite a while here and had a nice relaxed visit. The transport depot opposite had sprung a large gypsy camp on it. I would not be surprised if this building we visited is pretty stripped out now. I was tempted by the other side but man gone wrong is not too keen on security dogs, saying that he ain’t keen on anything security related ha ha. So we left it as we had other things to see.

History from Mooksters cracking report. This place has been done a lot so would only be writing what everyone else has done.
Headley Court was originally a farmhouse, until in 1899 an imposing, impressive mansion was constructed for Lord Cunliffe, at the time chairman of the Bank of England. During World War II it was home to the VII Corps and then later Canadian Corps. Following the war it was converted into an RAF and Joint Forces medical rehabilitation centre, which, over the years, treated many notable service personnel and aimed to return everyone to full health. In July 2014 it was announced the services at Headley Court were going to be transferred to a new facility at Stanford Hall, which opened it's doors in 2018. In May 2019 the site was bought by Angle Property who intended to redevelop the site, demolishing many of the ancillary and more modern buildings to replace them with housing. In 2020 the NHS Seacole Centre opened on site treating non-critical COVID patients and offering rehabilitation services to people post-COVID. As such the housing development was put on the back burner and nothing has happened since.

Starting off with what looks like a newer bit and consists of canteen and kitchens.

IMG_4273.jpeg

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4276.jpeg

Heading down into what would have been the original function hall. It’s has a bar area and room next to it. This room made the explore really. Nice colours and decay.

IMG_4277.jpeg

IMG_4209.jpeg

IMG_4271.jpeg

IMG_4272.jpeg

IMG_4278.jpeg

There are two rooms like this on either side of the buildings.

IMG_4280.jpeg

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4282.jpeg

Nice staircase railings.

IMG_4285.jpeg

The accommodation rooms are very repetitive.

IMG_4286.jpeg

But some are decaying nicely.

IMG_4287.jpeg

I love shrooms in derelict buildings. They just go so well together.

IMG_4288.jpeg

IMG_4289.jpeg

Nice to see the word Ablutions being used instead of toilets or washrooms.

IMG_4290.jpeg

IMG_4291.jpeg

Original parquet flooring remains in parts.

IMG_4292.jpeg

The other room identical to the earlier one. It has a large function/dining room next to it.

IMG_4293.jpeg

Good old military colours and patterns.

IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4296.jpeg

IMG_4297.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4299.jpeg

IMG_4301.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

A more modern medical block. There was another block on site but was not very interesting.

IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

IMG_4305.jpeg

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always a nice one to see. Agree its decaying nicely. Always grab a shot of shrooms, these look like pig ear cups? Good to see you got your loos in there. :thumb

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Always a nice one to see. Agree its decaying nicely. Always grab a shot of shrooms, these look like pig ear cups? Good to see you got your loos in there. :thumb
I love shrooms so much. I spend hours photographing them in autumn. I knew before I even got in that it would have an abundance of toilets ha ha.