real time web analytics
Hello from Glasgow! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello from Glasgow!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alexsadventures

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys!

Not sure how it has taken me so long to find a forum like this but I'm happy to be here, thanks for having me :) I'm from the Glasgow area and have been exploring since 2016.

My favourite type of location would have to be ruined castles and churches/graveyards but I have had some brilliant trips to old hospitals, asylums, care homes country houses and more.

(Edit: not sure if I am allowed to name places in an intro post!)

Last edited:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome along, I have done a fair bit of exploring in Scotland as my other half lives there, just outside Glasgow funnily enough. About the naming of places, it's all proper names on here. Codenames are just crap and pointless. Look forward to your reports.

Banzai2003

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Scotland-based here too, we've got plenty of great stuff to see right across the country, if you're ever wanting company for an explore feel free to drop a message 👍

alexsadventures

28DL Member
28DL Member
Welcome along, I have done a fair bit of exploring in Scotland as my other half lives there, just outside Glasgow funnily enough. About the naming of places, it's all proper names on here. Codenames are just crap and pointless. Look forward to your reports.
Hello and thank you for your welcome! That's great you're able to visit Scotland for explores as well as your home city! I am in a similar situation although it is inter-Scotland for me, as my other half lives in Aberdeen! Where has been your favourite Scotland explore so far? Thanks for the info re location names, I thought I had read somewhere that you shouldn't name locations so that is good to know.

alexsadventures

28DL Member
28DL Member
Scotland-based here too, we've got plenty of great stuff to see right across the country, if you're ever wanting company for an explore feel free to drop a message 👍
Hey :) Great to meet you and thank you! I know we really are lucky at the variation of exploration destinations we have here in Scotland. My aim is to try and visit every castle in Scotland (within accessibility reasons/private ownership of course)

T_Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello, Alex.

I like to explore ruined castles, graveyards, and churches myself. Could you share some of your favourite places? I am rather interested. I am Glasgow based myself and I am trying to scope out some hidden gems.

Thank you
T

alexsadventures

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello, Alex.

I like to explore ruined castles, graveyards, and churches myself. Could you share some of your favourite places? I am rather interested. I am Glasgow based myself and I am trying to scope out some hidden gems.

Thank you
T
Hey T nice to meet you! Of course, are you looking for Glasgow and immediate areas specifically or do you have means to travel a bit further afield (eg Ayrshire)

T_Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey T nice to meet you! Of course, are you looking for Glasgow and immediate areas specifically or do you have means to travel a bit further afield (eg Ayrshire)
Thank you for replying it is much appreciated... I can explore anywhere, as I have personal transport.

T

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hello and thank you for your welcome! That's great you're able to visit Scotland for explores as well as your home city! I am in a similar situation although it is inter-Scotland for me, as my other half lives in Aberdeen! Where has been your favourite Scotland explore so far? Thanks for the info re location names, I thought I had read somewhere that you shouldn't name locations so that is good to know.
I ain't really sure of my favourite one. The debating chambers in Edinburgh were really nice and Sunnyside asylum. Yeah most of the community have this obsession with code naming places, saying it protects them, and it does not. Most of these old houses are ruined within weeks of everyone getting hold of them. The forum has a no code name policy. It makes for a proper history and feel of the place.

alexsadventures

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello, Alex.

Thank you
T

Thank you for replying it is much appreciated... I can explore anywhere, as I have personal transport.

T
No worries! Southside Glasgow: Caldwell House was my first exploration so it holds a special place for me. It's a 1700s abandoned mansion house turned childrens mental hospital. Not exactly abandoned ruins but there are also Mearns castle and Crookston castles, Mearns castle is attached to a church and Crookston is monitored by Historic Scotland but is free to visit! Glasgow City: Glasgow Necropolis if you haven't been there already, so many graves from different eras it is a fabulous wander. Also old botanic gardens railway station. Ayrshire: Dalquharran old and new castles, these are really worth the drive from Glasgow! Also Old Auchans House which you can combine with a visit to Dundonald Castle. Hope these give you some starter recommendations!

alexsadventures

28DL Member
28DL Member
I ain't really sure of my favourite one. The debating chambers in Edinburgh were really nice and Sunnyside asylum. Yeah most of the community have this obsession with code naming places, saying it protects them, and it does not. Most of these old houses are ruined within weeks of everyone getting hold of them. The forum has a no code name policy. It makes for a proper history and feel of the place.
I haven't had a chance to visit the debating chambers and heard mixed opinions of experiences getting in... hopefully one day I will be able to go! :) Sunnyside is very cool! Of course, I am all for sites staying protected from vandalism etc but I would say most have been discovered and reported on somewhere on the internet already over the years, don't see how code names would enhance protection so it seems like a fair rule!