real time web analytics
Hello London | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hello London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bruno1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello from London

I've not explored anything in a few years and looking to get back into it.

I've explored an abandoned wing of the churchill hospital. It was an interesting explore as one end seemed to have a radio station built into it. I forget the name but I think the website is still up for it. Surprisingly there was still some very old records left in one of the rooms. Unfortunatly the only photos I have from the site were taken on a crappy film camera and not good enough for a report.
Heres the files room as it is the most interesting photo from that explore:
24440012.JPG

I've also been to what my freind described as an oil dump in islip. Less interesting than the hospital but includes climbable watch tower type things. The oil was apparently stored in big concrete containers underground that are accessable.

I've seen some other small sites briefly but those are the two main ones.

I'm interested in knowing how the public meets work. On the look out for some good spots in London to get my first report done. I understand nobody will be giving me locations just yet.

Since my early explores I've gotten my hands on a competent camera and learned to use it. Would apprecate any tips for photographing abandoned buildings as I've yet to get any photos with my new gear.

Looking forward to some new explores!

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Welcome to 28 @Bruno1, meets happen from time to time but they tend to be swapping stories over a few beers. If you're new to digital photography (not said that in many years) and depending on what you intend to photograph a decent light source is always a good shout, particularly if you want to light paint in a dark environment.

It is worth having a look at the Survival Guide as well: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/28-days-later-survival-guide-for-newbies.116319/

Happy exploring :thumb

Bruno1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to 28 @Bruno1, meets happen from time to time but they tend to be swapping stories over a few beers. If you're new to digital photography (not said that in many years) and depending on what you intend to photograph a decent light source is always a good shout, particularly if you want to light paint in a dark environment.

It is worth having a look at the Survival Guide as well: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/28-days-later-survival-guide-for-newbies.116319/

Happy exploring :thumb
Much apprecated!

I've done some photography already and know how the camera works however I've not done any photography in the dark.

I've given the Survival Guide a read already