real time web analytics
Question - - Henry the 8th tunnels | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Henry the 8th tunnels

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
If it was a tunnel caving in wouldn't the story have made national news? The British press love a story involving the royals especially old royalty. 'Henry the eighths nooky tunnel finally revealed' and such like.
If it was well known fact why does no-one actually know about it.
Things get twisted in history, there may have been an old priest escape tunnel or something but 2 mile long tunnels through sand? That's a lot of work, a lot of timber or stone and a lot of spoils.

Hireing some equipment out and scanning the ground for it, if you're allowed, is probably the best chance of getting anything conclusive.

I love tales of tunnels but this one seems unlikely.
Some more through research and backup evidence with pictures would get more interest and would be needed for any actual investigation work.
If it was played in recently, last 60 years, wheres the entrance, it should be searchable.

The fact the original 'palace' was knocked down and the current one built 1774 might also scupper any ideas that fabled original features still exist.

Last edited:

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’ve searched the area there’s actually quite a lot of evidence regarding sand spoils where w.h mills Searched

Last edited:

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Regarding addington palace myths I grew up in the area, word has it there’s a circle of trees in the playing field where a entrance once was. So I’ve always been fascinated about that and as time ha gone on you can clearly see a straight line in the ground running the whole way across the field to the circle of trees. Looks like the ground has sunk but the tunnel hasn’t sunk with it and you can see it protruding out of the ground like an arched tunnel.
Secondly the other myth has been that the old monks hill had a monastery and it had tunnels that connected to addington palace and the circle of trees in the field. A school was built on its location and the school myth is that below the drama stage is a door that leads to such tunnels.
That part of the school has now been knocked down and rebuilt.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
I was being serious lidar scan maps on internet will show you exactly where it goes look it up there free to use

Down and beyond

Regular User
No if you search free lidar map on google you shall see you shouldn’t assume immediately your getting cocky answers as you shall never get no where in life without listening

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I
No if you search free lidar map on google you shall see you shouldn’t assume immediately your getting cocky answers as you shall never get no where in life without listening
I never assumed I was getting cocky answers I just mis read something. I don’t no how the hell you made that assumption. But yes thank you I did checked the lidar and there’s nothing to see in that area

Down and beyond

Regular User
I

I never assumed I was getting cocky answers I just mis read something. I don’t no how the hell you made that assumption. But yes thank you I did checked the lidar and there’s nothing to see in that area
If you say you can see a depression and lidar shows nothing contact the lidar company

Last edited:

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I got it to load but most of the area hasn’t been lidar scanned or it’s been blurred out for some reason. Clearly something was built there and we can see the reminisce or maybe Tunnels. Picture 2 I know was an old building so probably the same with gravel hill park picture (pic 1) maybe where the old palace use to sit.
Pic 2 - pic 3 has got an anomaly Running toward Wickham court.

Attachments

• 0171793C-839D-4C20-AEE6-02A3D5E7B854.png
    0171793C-839D-4C20-AEE6-02A3D5E7B854.png
    411.3 KB · Views: 19
  • C8EFA828-AE03-4403-8C24-50427B40FE98.png
    C8EFA828-AE03-4403-8C24-50427B40FE98.png
    513.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 8B6C0569-0F60-4554-B0AC-AE0FE4C9DFA0.png
    8B6C0569-0F60-4554-B0AC-AE0FE4C9DFA0.png
    486.5 KB · Views: 18

Who has read this thread (Total: 217) View details