real time web analytics
Report - - Hepworth Refractories - Storrs Bridge - April 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hepworth Refractories - Storrs Bridge - April 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
A bit of history scraped together - During the 1800s materials for the steel industry and refractory bricks began to be produced in the Loxley Valley. The Storrs bridge site was first used by Thomas Marshall and Co. and later Hepworths. Refractory production ceased in the area in the 1990s. For an excellent in depth history of the site and some brilliant pics seeTarkovskys report. Originally I think the plan was to redevelop the site into another toy town housing estate but obviously this didn't happen. Seems a shame as its a lovely area.

To be honest I'd never heard of this place before, which is weird as I have spent a lot of time around the Sheffield area back in the day with Kitty. I was passing by earlier in the year and the friend I was with wanted to stop to have a look at the graffiti. Now that's not really my thing at all but I figured instead of being a misery guts I'd go inside and have a look with him. At the very least I figured I might get some pictures of some oily twisted metal. As it turns out I really enjoyed myself. The natural decay in the locker rooms is great and it was a really relaxed place to spend an hour or so.

Warehouses

aNdNjrY.jpg

Agr5IdC.jpg

j64lGNI.jpg

QY8QHWX.jpg

The chimney is climbable but yeah, no. That ladder.

fEaY7P0.jpg

Locker rooms

N5CRRS4.jpg

M89jTLW.jpg

oJN1A82.jpg

Shower rooms on the other end of the site

PbTOZSQ.jpg

qy4jNVW.jpg

KYmWwhU.jpg

kyZ5jLZ.jpg

LQv6vsH.jpg

ORzyK4k.jpg

Thanks for looking​

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A nice peaceful explore this and quite a big site, your pictures have made it look much better than it is, well done :)

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice take on the place. The admin block on the other side of the road has some great graffiti. That graffiti in the locker room is new and looks great.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
A nice peaceful explore this and quite a big site, your pictures have made it look much better than it is, well done :)

It’s in a really nice location, seems a shame to be left as it is really. Thanks

Nice take on the place. The admin block on the other side of the road has some great graffiti. That graffiti in the locker room is new and looks great.

We did see the stuff on the other side too. It was only really these two pieces that caught my eye though. Thanks mate.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great pics, there is some great graffiti there and there's something I like about large empty warehouses. One I wouldn't mind revisiting with the camera when I'm next up that way!