real time web analytics
Report - - Hertford Place..Maple Cross, July 2023 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hertford Place..Maple Cross, July 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This was literally a chance find by me and man gone wrong. We were driving from site to another site and we saw this out of our eye. We pulled over and could see it looked like it could be quite interesting. So we moved the car away and made our way into the grounds. We found a way in fairly quickly, but soon as we walked in we were greeted with a tripod with what looked like a sensor on it. Looking around the ground floor these tripods were dotted everywhere covering every door and the open spaces. But we were in and just decided to go about anyway and no one turned up. We explored the building and the small multi storey car park at the rear. sadly the building had literally been stripped of everything. But the glass frontage was nice, and I liked the car park funnily enough. I know it’s not very exciting but was a fun wander and not seen any pics of it.
Not a lot can be found on this place. It’s literally an office block consisting of 57,000 square foot office space. I would say by its design it may be a seventies design. My auntie lives literally down the road from it and been in it a few times when in use. She says it was used by Trebor Basset as its offices and it’s been laying empty for a decade. She also said security are normally there 24/7. It seems other companies used it later on like Nissan, they still have a building next door. Been talk about demo for quite a few years and building of warehouses, but nothing of yet. A big board says development coming in basically autumn, they will have to be quick as that ain’t far away.

Externally it was so tempting.

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5978.jpeg

The main front foyer with one of the many tripods dotted about.

IMG_5979.jpeg

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5982.jpeg

IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

Second floor.

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5986.jpeg

IMG_5987.jpeg

IMG_5988.jpeg

IMG_5989.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

Top floor.

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

The roof was quite dull and the edging was so wide you could not see over.

IMG_5997.jpeg

IMG_5998.jpeg

IMG_5999.jpeg

To the rear looking at the car park exit.

IMG_6001.jpeg

IMG_6002.jpeg

IMG_6003.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6006.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

IMG_6008.jpeg

IMG_6009.jpeg

IMG_6010.jpeg

Last edited:

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Nice to see the full report! Very nice frontage on that, got a very metropolitan look in contrast with the overgrown vegetation

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is brilliant mate I really like this. I love places like this. Definitely 1960s/1970s with that brutalist design which was so popular at the time, I love the mix of glass and concrete. Nice to see all your pics from here, did you get any shots of the lift motor room if there was one?

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is brilliant mate I really like this. I love places like this. Definitely 1960s/1970s with that brutalist design which was so popular at the time, I love the mix of glass and concrete. Nice to see all your pics from here, did you get any shots of the lift motor room if there was one?
Cheers mate. I thought of you when here and thought this would be your sort of place. I don't think there was a lift motor room, well I never saw one anyway.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
That frontage is really nice. I also like the curved glass and mix of concrete around. Wonder what will happen to this place. Nice images.