real time web analytics
Hitchin Yeshiva - Guided Tour - Sort Of | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hitchin Yeshiva - Guided Tour - Sort Of

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Guy Anderson

28DL Member
28DL Member
I know this place has been posted a lot, especially over lockdown, but few people actually know what’s going on in there.

On Wednesday, my wife and I decided to take a trip to see what all the fuss was about, and to see if the rumours that’s they’re still using the condemned building are true. We had one secret weapon we knew we could use if we got caught, I’m Jewish!

We parked about 1/2 mile before the entrance, on the side of the muddy lane. We walked into the driveway to the Yeshiva and we’re instantly spotted by two 16 year old Jewish lads, who to.d us to be careful that the boss didn’t see us. We introduced ourselves and I told them a bit about me. They then went and got the rabbi who, once convinced I was telling the truth, allowed us inside.

I was amazed by his hospitality. He is the chef there and his father, who lives in London, is the head rabbi. He let us have a look around the kitchens and it was as dangerous as it gets. Bare wires, water pipes redirected everywhere, but we smiled and carried on. He was very strict about taking photos inside, as they had been visited by the police for putting the children in danger, several times over the years, as well as the council. The problem is the Jews have too much money and they don’t care.

The kids now live in the dorm on the left hand side, which they added a few years ago now. They study in the building in the right of the entrance, and just eat in the main building. The library is still in there too and still in full Use, despite being as dangerous as fuck.

My grandfather was in there after the war, as he came over from Poland and it was, at that time, a school for naughty Jewish kids. Prior to that it was a catholic school, which I thought was a bit ironic.

seebee

28DL Member
28DL Member
This was bought by a London charity in the 1970s which ran warden controlled hostels for homeless teenagers.

Last edited:

AnthonyLambert

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, My Step father used to run it when it was a childrens home, and I lived there 1971-72. I attended Great Offley Village school... Hi to anyone who remembers me!
Chris? Susan Anderson, Lisa ? It used to look very different back then!

Not sure it is worth saving now.... Not sure how people can live there ?

Tony

AnthonyLambert

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, My Step father used to run it when it was a childrens home, and I lived there 1971-72. I attended Great Offley Village school... Hi to anyone who remembers me!
Chris? Susan Anderson, Lisa ? It used to look very different back then!

Not sure it is worth saving now.... Not sure how people can live there ?

Tony
I think the charity was the St Christopher's Fellowship from memory I was under 10 at the time !

Who has read this thread (Total: 158) View details