real time web analytics
Report - - HMS Plymouth (F126), Birkenhead, September 2011. | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - HMS Plymouth (F126), Birkenhead, September 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

HMS Plymouth (F126), Birkenhead

Ojay/Leaf/Xan/Ex0/Tweek/Kromax

f1.jpg

HMS Plymouth is a Rothesay class frigate, which served in the United Kingdom Royal Navy from 1959 to 1988

Built at Devonport Dockyard, in her namesake city of Plymouth, and was launched by Viscountess Astor on 20 July 1959

During her lifetime, Plymouth served in a variety of locations, including the Far East and Australia. She saw action in the Cod Wars between the United Kingdom and Iceland and also the Falklands War in 1982

HMS Plymouth was decommissioned on the 28th April 1988, and was the last Type 12 in service

After decommissioning, the Warship Preservation Trust acquired the ship for preservation

In 1990 the ship was towed to Glasgow and placed on display at a berth on the River Clyde

Subsequently she was relocated to Birkenhead for display alongside other ships and submarines

On 6 February 2006, the Warship Preservation Trust closed, citing financial difficulties and, by default, is currently owned by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company (MDHC) following the demise of the Trust

A recent application was approved by Cornwall County Council in April, it will soon be moved to there, it's future is still uncertain

f3.jpg

f4_2.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg
f8_2.jpg

f9.jpg

f10.jpg

f11.jpg
f12_2.jpg

f13_2.jpg
f13a.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

f16_2.jpg

f17.jpg

Last edited:

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Loving all the ship explores coming out recently though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to have the pair done!
Fair old age '59 too, not many ships of that age about full stop.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Nice to have the pair done!
Fair old age '59 too, not many ships of that age about full stop.

Boils my piss does that Brickers.

I might just send my pics to Charlie of the Bronnington, see how he feels about all the cash he pumped into that since '76 :rolleyes:

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
cheers Ojay some gorgeous shots here...love the el grupo shot... sadly it looks like endski for this lovely old relic.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I've moved all the other threads out as well, might as well see if some last minute exposure helps