real time web analytics
Report - - HMS Royal Arthur, Corsham | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - HMS Royal Arthur, Corsham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
A few weeks back, Lillimouse, Phil and myself went on an evening jaunt to HMS Royal Arthur, an abandoned training camp in North Wiltshire. This used to be a Royal navy leadership school.

There's one thing has been bugging me... these holes cut in the walls...

hmstriangle.jpg

hmstriangle2.jpg

They have been cut very recently with what must have been a very large petrol cutter, so fresh the dust was still there. The holes themselves are generally pointless, offering no more access than was already available.

Personally, I think they are something to do with the police, maybe police dogs.

What do you think?

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Not worth a trip on it's own, but if you're in the area it's worthwhile. After all, it's a nice big derelict site in the middle of nowhere.

Lillimouse, never be without a map again...

th_royal_arthur_map.jpg

N

naturals

I went on a quick recce of this place this afternoon. It wasn't really worth me starting a new thread so here are a few pictures I took...

433801535_a6f519feca.jpg

433801559_fc1dafbf69.jpg

433801585_4df12ad973.jpg

433801525_a1742b5a7d.jpg

433801581_ed619f5312.jpg

The place is in quite a state and covered in Graffiti (some very good indeed, some not so). I was amazed at the size - I didn't go into any of the buildings (I was put off by the asbestos roofing signs) but it still took me over an hour to do a quick lap.