real time web analytics
Report - - Holme Bank Chert Mine - Derbyshire - Jun 2018 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holme Bank Chert Mine - Derbyshire - Jun 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gho5twalker

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi guys I'm new to this site but enjoy reading everyone's adventure stories.
Id like to post my own adventure story with pictures.
I heard about this mine through this website so me and my girl decided to research the entrance spot.
Currently to date we've been five times with each visit lasting 3-5 hours each.
I read that someone apparently explored the whole mine in 3 hours which I can safely call BS now I know!
To date we've probably explored about 60% of this maze of tunnels.
The mine is overall in a good condition but there is some ass clenching passages!
We've never seen anybody else down there whilst we've been in there ourselves but have seen people's "rubbish" which is really annoying!
So many relics remain here, The best we have seen being an old newspaper from 1938! But there are others ranging from old drill bits, to buckets, old cigarette packets and beer bottles even a hangman's noose!

I would say feel free to view pictures but this websites not having any of it for some reason
Thanks guys.

DSC_1548.JPG

DSC_1557.JPG

DSC_1552.JPG

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
'chert', not churt! Theres a plan of this mine on the web, it looks quite a good explore, have you reached the innermost flooded areas yet? Divers use these as the water is said to be extremely clear.

Gho5twalker

28DL Member
28DL Member
'chert', not churt! Theres a plan of this mine on the web, it looks quite a good explore, have you reached the innermost flooded areas yet? Divers use these as the water is said to be extremely clear.

Hi mate, we haven't explored the flooded bits as it is like you say, only diveable.
It's an amazing explore dave! Feel free to tag along anytime if your in the area always good to have more torch light

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi mate, we haven't explored the flooded bits as it is like you say, only diveable.
It's an amazing explore dave! Feel free to tag along anytime if your in the area always good to have more torch light
Thanks but I'm in Scotland so quite far away, I visit the large Cults limestone mine quite often, which is somewhat similar to Holme Bank but with a more complex layout.