real time web analytics
Report - - Hotel Goricina I & II - Oct 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hotel Goricina I & II - Oct 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kingrat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The first Hotel Goricina was built on the Kupari-Srebreno project site in 1962 and had 162 beds. Like Hotel Pelegrin, the original Hotel Goricina I was designed by Finci. In the Croatian architectural magazine Oris, contributor Darko Latin shed some more light on the restrained quality of the young architect’s work: “Importance is given to functionality and rationality, while the design, in most cases, takes the form of a ‘box’”.
Over a decade after Goricina I was built, it was decided to expand on the existing facility. “Hotel Goricina II” was finished in 1980, and was connected to the original building. It added 352 new beds to the hotel, giving it the second-largest capacity of the resort. Apparently I later found out there was a 'disco club' into the basement, I didn't go down there, it was too sunny and the bay too empty, I went swimming instead.
Like the other three Kupari hotels, Hotel Goricina was almost completely destroyed as a result of the JNA offensive. Image 8 give a little insight into what went on here.

(unashamedly ripped from a website who keep stealing my images, ignoring my emails and not crediting me)

Images are a tad 'zingy' I apologise.

Untitled_HDR14_zpsb3fvdb1a.jpg

Untitled_HDR13_zpszmvg9fzu.jpg

Untitled_HDR12_zpspgwprn7p.jpg

Untitled_HDR8_zpspzutymwt.jpg

Untitled_HDR9_zpsnvt5pt7m.jpg

Untitled_HDR10_zps4oragcky.jpg

Untitled_HDR11_zpsuw6tsulg.jpg

Untitled_HDR7_zpss3c8hpty.jpg

Untitled_HDR6_zpsjrob43ez.jpg

Untitled_HDR5_zpsxzg1jq5i.jpg

Untitled_HDR1_zpssnvykl5j.jpg