real time web analytics
How old is this site? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

How old is this site?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UEoli

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Irrelevant question to urban exploring and idk where else to ask. How old is this website?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It was in the mid noughties I think were the first threads. Earliest I can remember is 2007 but I'm sure it's been around longer than that.

It's probably the second longest running still regularly active exploration forum after UER which has been going since 2002.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Another side question - obviously the name came from the film, but is there a story behind it or just because it was a popular apocalpyse movie at the time?

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You can view snapshots of any website's history using the Wayback Machine. It can be quite interesting.

Here's a link to 28DL's snapshots (spoiler, the first was 2005)
It's certainly come a long way! Interesting to see some of the old boards aswell like the Too Late section.

1687852513400.png

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Am sure @Oxygen Thief would be able to tell you exactly but it was around 2005. Prior to that there was just a small subform on dark places. DP admin decided they didn't want it anymore so OT & Riddlers established 28DL

If we're going way back before DP I think Riddlers had a newsgroup circa 2000

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Back before everyone "Growed a brain" to quote the late JRat........lol

He said that about us DP''ers on a trip to Mendip.

I have enjoyed both forums since joining DP in 2004, it's good to see places that I normally might not, and to see familiar caves, mines and bunkers popping up.

Skills have been shared across both forums as well - Niagra outfall springs to mind....

Long may we live side by side for another 18 years.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
When did broken Britain die? Wasn't that around the time 28 started? My memory is shot. 😂

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Back before everyone "Growed a brain" to quote the late JRat........lol

He said that about us DP''ers on a trip to Mendip.

I have enjoyed both forums since joining DP in 2004, it's good to see places that I normally might not, and to see familiar caves, mines and bunkers popping up.

Skills have been shared across both forums as well - Niagra outfall springs to mind....

Long may we live side by side for another 18 years.

We need Derelict Places to survive. Rumour has it that you're not allowed to become a full member on here until you've been banned by krela - it's a rite of passage!