real time web analytics
How old is this site? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

How old is this site?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
When did broken Britain die? Wasn't that around the time 28 started? My memory is shot. 😂

Oh wow there's a name I haven't heard in ages. I think Broken Britain was the first exploring forum I ever joined (sorry 28dl you weren't my first :violin)

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Our birthday is October 17th 2005.

Derelict places was the spin off from Dark Places and i believe OT and Ridds started this place as Derelict places was already shit.

Cant say i remember Broken Britain was that another of the 2008 era wannabe 28DL replacements? When Dickheads Fail, Deserted places, Oblivion state etc. etc. Funny how everyone came crawling back eventually!

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Our birthday is October 17th 2005.

Derelict places was the spin off from Dark Places and i believe OT and Ridds started this place as Derelict places was already shit.

Cant say i remember Broken Britain was that another of the 2008 era wannabe 28DL replacements? When Dickheads Fail, Deserted places, Oblivion state etc. etc. Funny how everyone came crawling back eventually!

We had many many forums at one point (I think there were about 5/6 active ones (Here, WDF, ukurbex, ***********, DerelictPlaces, Forgottenplaces etc etc when the scene divided, and divided lol). It was all slightly childish looking back at it lol

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
So the long story is that I owned the domain for a while just cyber-squatting it. Eventually I put the red-skinned vbulletin forum on it, and was going to sell it as a fan site.

We all got booted off darkplaces, then we all got booted from the brand-new derelictplaces a week later.

And I just happened to have an up-and-running forum we could instantly use. We did, and that was that really.