real time web analytics
Report - - Humber Bridge Abseil, Hull | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Humber Bridge Abseil, Hull

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GPSJim

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So, I've always enjoyed heights, ropes and bridges and then one day I thought I'd might mix them all up together. I've started a challenge to be Tied To 111 UE locations, the Humber Bridge just had to be part of this challenge.
Me and a couple of mates were planning this for weeks, but unfortunately everytime we would arrange to do it the weather would absolutley bucket down! Anyway, on the morning of the event the weather seemed to hold off, so we went for it.
The plan was simple, get on the bridge, tie on to it and then abseil off and down to the ground.
Here's the pictures. Full report and video on the website: http://www.tiedto111.com/locations/humber-bridge-hull/

16216436839_fb52499ff9_b.jpg

15782622163_d890ab88e6_b.jpg

16216434459_d574736711_b.jpg

Sorry there's not more photos but we had to act quickly to avoid the Humber Bridge Board, the video covers everything.

Full report and video on the website: http://www.tiedto111.com/locations/humber-bridge-hull/

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Good effort and not a single safety brew in sight :thumb

If you have your rope in a bag, end first, it makes it a lot easier to throw off a structure and less likely to get tangled. On longer abseils clip the bag to a cowstail and let it dangle between your legs, that way you don't have the weight and the rope should feed nicely out the bag as you descend.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good effort and not a single safety brew in sight :thumb

If you have your rope in a bag, end first, it makes it a lot easier to throw off a structure and less likely to get tangled. On longer abseils clip the bag to a cowstail and let it dangle between your legs, that way you don't have the weight and the rope should feed nicely out the bag as you descend.

Yeah but if it doesn't feed properly it's going to give you a man-size kick in the nuts.

Fudge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wasn't getting at that, more why someone would decide to stand on the humber bridge waving the union jack around like a loon