real time web analytics
Report - - ICI Nobel Ardeer, Stevenston - 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ICI Nobel Ardeer, Stevenston - 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brassneck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
These are not the best set from here (far from it in fact), however I very much enjoyed my visit to Ardeer so thought it would be worth a report, even if there is 10,000 already on her! The place is just extremely cool, little manufacturing sheds hidden deep in woods with ancient items still left, a huge power station with some of the nicest boilers I've seen and rare peebles turbines to boot and even a nice little control room hidden away... all this while trying to avoid the very active security nextdoor and getting your shoes filled with sand!

I must say I was discouraged a bit since every man has seen it, however I wasn't going to miss the boilers so made the effort and drove up to Scotland. I think the place has gotten a little easier to access over the years but still poses a challenge to get to see most of the buildings! We started at the much seen oil fired power station, after a tight squeeze we were in. Spending most of the afternoon hunting out the little details in the turbine hall, we decided to make it to some of the manufacturing areas on-site before the light was completely gone, this is where my photos lack the most as I was too busy digging around for paper work etc and not taking any snaps! I stumbled on what seemed to be an old compressor house near our exit most seem to actually miss? Although it did seem pretty trashed! Then as it became pitch-black outside we made it to our last target: an old control room! This control room interestingly enough used to be attached to another power station that was on-site, I guess a 'B' station of some sort, this power station serviced the Petroleum diversion side of the site. The power station was saldy knocked down, however this part was kept presumably for substation activity. It is unknown when it was abandoned however it looks like it has been closed for some time! In the basement we found paper work documenting a cooling tower collapse while the station was running, pretty epic!

I think there is still a bit more to be discovered at Ardeer, I need a non-tourist trip sometime!

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG
8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG
17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Really nice set of images here.
Another one I wish I had more time at.

Banzai2003

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice work fella. will need to check out that compressor hall when I'm next over there. How was the control room for access/security? I thought it looked a bit exposed when I was scouting it out online.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely done. It’s such a huge site to cover. I spent the whole day there and never covered it all. I have never seen the compressor house before. The old control room for the nylon works I thought was lovely.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nothing wrong with those pics at all, a great set in fact. Nicely covered a shame it got dark so you couldn't see it all, then again as the site is so vast I think you would need 2 or 3 days to truly cover all of it. That control room is nice, I'm seeing them everywhere at the moment!

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Nicely done, always worth seeing even if a fair few others have posted it before.

Can you just stick the month and year of your visit into the thread title please.

Brassneck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done, always worth seeing even if a fair few others have posted it before.

Can you just stick the month and year of your visit into the thread title please.

I would if I could remember when I went! Was a fair few years ago, at a guess 2019? Defo do not know the month of the visit tho!