real time web analytics
Report - - Ilford Park Polish Community - Tak długi , i dziękuje za całą rybę* - (Oct 09) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ilford Park Polish Community - Tak długi , i dziękuje za całą rybę* - (Oct 09)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
(*So long, and thanks for all the fish)

On my way down to speak at a conference in Devon today.

As I passed Ilford Park the SatNav informed me that I was 1 hour ahead of schedule, and the nice lady inside the SatNav insisted that I stop (well, OK, that last bit is a lie - but I stopped anyway :p)

So, a quick question:

Q: What's bright yellow, has a heart rate of over 500, can jump straight upwards at over 200 miles an hour and looks like this :eek: ?

A: 'Fox' the demolition company foreman who managed all of these feats when he walked around a doorway in one of the older huts and straight into me!

Now, as I was on my way somewhere that required me to turn up reasonably smart (and as I'd been too lazy to clear my car out after the Browns Folley Bash earlier this week) I had stuck on my (muddy) overalls, and put on hi-vis and builders helmet.

Me: ah, hi, I was working over the way, and they told me about this place, so I thought I'd take a look.

Demo guy: No probs mate, you obviously know what you are doing, but next time call in at our portakabin first.

Really nice guy, the upshot of our converation is that I can confirm that the older buildings (the ones that most of us consider the best) are due to lose their roofs in the next 2 weeks, and be flattened soon after.

So, if you want/need to go, NOW is the time.

A few pics from today.

DSC_6355.jpg

WTF?

DSC_6352.jpg

DSC_6347.jpg

DSC_6356.jpg

As seen in Wallace and Gromits 'Grand Day Out'??

DSC_6358.jpg

DSC_6364.jpg

DSC_6375.jpg

DSC_6381.jpg

DSC_6386.jpg

DSC_6376.jpg

All this stuff meant something to someone once - a lot of this was some kids school work.

DSC_6371.jpg

DSC_6378.jpg

DSC_6374.jpg

Obligatory 'chair-shot'

DSC_6389.jpg

DSC_6360.jpg

DSC_6368.jpg

And my favourite one from today:

DSC_6384.jpg

So, Ilford Park - last chance to see

Last edited: