real time web analytics
Report - - Imax Cinema & Wildwalk, Bristol 26/10/08 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Imax Cinema & Wildwalk, Bristol 26/10/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Another one ticked off the Bristol list:thumb I had been eyeing this up ever since I moved to Bristol trying to think of ingenious ways in but never really having the balls to do it on my own. This was our third attempt because we had always been put off by the swarms of police and drunk people as it is in the busiest part of Bristol.

I remember visiting the Imax when I was about 14 to see the Matrix in 3D and feeling very sick and having to close my eyes. Apart from Imax cinemas being very expensive, I personally think they are a bit gash...maybe other people thought that too and that's why it closed.

Along with the cinema, there is the "Wildwalk" which is some kind of ultra scientific nature trail where you can press buttons and twizzle nobbles etc. It smelled like a mouldy greenhouse although not as bad as I thought it would. I was half expecting noxious gases from all the dying stuff in there-it looks gross from the outside. I remember the gift shop being AMAZING though-pity that wasn't still there:(

Once inside we rushed around taking as many photos as we could because we were pretty sure we were going to get caught and this was not the kind of place you would want to get shafted. After running round seeing as much as possible, we decided to leave and not push our luck.

Back outside, we see at least 15 police cars and an armed response unit because of some domestics on the waterfront (not for us thankfully). We make a swift walk/jog back to the car and slip back into the night, not quite believing what we just got away with.

Here are the pics, sorry they are rubbish but it was pretty much snap and go:eek:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg