real time web analytics
Report - - Inside Tyne Bridge | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Inside Tyne Bridge

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been wanting to see inside for a while now, but finally managed it with Vivo & Duzz (scuzz? sorry R can't rem your username).

DSCF7374.jpg

DSCF7403.jpg

inside that bit

DSCF7378.jpg

DSCF7383.jpg

DSCF7390.jpg

DSCF7392.jpg

DSCF7401.jpg

fav shot of the evening :)

and before anybody winges, yes I was cheating :D

xm657

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Inside Tyne Bridge, Report

Nice one. I've been in here myself and it wasn't what I was expecting at all, how about you? All the metal work was a surprise, I always thought the towers were originally designed to be warehouses, so presumed inside would be hollow. Heres a couple shots I took:

Pict0053.jpg

Pict0042.jpg

Shades

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this the Gateshead side? I did this about 40 years ago before I had a camera. I never did chance that floorless catwalk very far.

I can remember a thread about an exhibition in the Newcastle side but it seems to have gone now.

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
bloody hell, heres a blast from the past! randomly come on forum and here it is again.

no, both were Newcastle side AFAIK. The gateshead side has some crappy little houses built against it, very very shortsighted IMO, damn planners want hung drawn and quartered for that one.

occasionally you can get from the roaddeck level into the top of one of the towers when the windows are broken (every other weekend!), views from top of the mini turrets are brilliant.