real time web analytics
Interesting Paris Catacombs Video. | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Interesting Paris Catacombs Video.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nink

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just came across this on YouTube, interesting and informative video on the history of the Catas.

Lerosbif

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not the worst video I’ve seen on the catas before but it doesn’t explicitly mention why it’s forbidden to go down , after the start of the war in Algeria the government of France made it forbidden to stop it being used to plan the resistance secretly - in the network of the 16th arrondissement there used to be graffiti alluding to this in a room where it is believed to have been used to discuss the Algerian resistance , I’ll upload a photo later when I get the time

Lerosbif

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
7E24A2ED-7D1F-402F-B436-3E3107BEAC9E.jpeg

Here you go , however I’ve made a mistake , OAS was the organisation de l’armée secrète who were against the independence of Algérie , although it was them who used this space in the photo it was forbidden to circulate in the catas because of the government at the time being against the indépendance and them being concerned about the multiple networks under Paris being used to further the indépendance rather than the government seeking to hinder the OAS

it’s probably prudent to mention that the OAS tag wasn’t done by a member of the organisation but rather likely a current day admirer - unfortunately there is a small but undeniable presence of far right groups/racists still in the catas to this day

if anyone notable from the forum is in Paris and wants to head into the 16th feel free to drop me a pm

Last edited: