Web
Analytics
Report - - International Hotel Seaforth (Liverpool, Oct, 2017) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - International Hotel Seaforth (Liverpool, Oct, 2017)

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This grade II listed building (ca 1900) was originally a pub and then the International Hotel. A pretty, wedge-shaped ‘flamboyant renaissance stye’ building, it was damaged by fire in 2014 and is now being renovated into apartments. However progress is less complete than the exterior might suggest, and appears to have stalled. The basement is partly scaffolded to the first floor, but the roof is finished and rather good quality new windows installed on the upper floors (the windows apparently never had glazing bars). Visited with urban chemist junior who dutifully took some of the better pics (to cheer him up we then went on a quick tour of the wonderfully filthy Commodore Lithographs). Pictures go from the basement up.

1_IMG_5291_exterior.jpg

2_DSC_0494_cornerdetail.jpg

4_IMG_5253_woodtable.jpg

These are cricket pads - crumble when touched

5_DSC_0559_cricketpads.jpg

6_IMG_5268_safe.jpg

8_DSC_0536_ground.jpg

10_DSC_0530_scaff.jpg

12_IMG_5207_stairs.jpg

13_IMG_5225_alarms.jpg

16_IMG_5211_firstfront.jpg

17_IMG_5213_stairs.jpg

28_IMG_5214_topfront.jpg

31_IMG_5241_topfrontback.jpg

34_IMG_5218_chimney.jpg

35_IMG_5226_view.jpg

host

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Really good effort mate, i wish i could put this much effort into going out exploring, I've missed a lot in Manchester over the past two years with redevelopment and lot getting out enough.