real time web analytics
Introduction | New Members Introduction | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Introduction

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

erika_1986

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's more about the fact that these places aren't always easy to access and also can be quite hazardous. If no one knows your abilities or risk appetite then they could just be agreeing to take a complete liability with them. It could end in getting arrested, failing entirely or having to get someone out of a site after they've injured themselves.

Posting reports demonstrates to other members that you are actually serious about exploring and also that you have the common sense and capabilities to tag along with them.

The cons outweigh the benifits of taking new members along with you so most won't bother making the effort if you haven't made any effort to get out and find things and contribute to the community.
Ah I see.
That's interesting and makes sense. Thanks for explaining.
I'll have to find a few places to explore myself then.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Ah I see.
That's interesting and makes sense. Thanks for explaining.
I'll have to find a few places to explore myself then.

Fair advice from @obscurity there.

Some people may be fairly willing to meet up with newbies without any evidence behind them as such but it does pose those risks, and mostly established members on the site won’t without some posts to your name so they can see what you’re capable of.

It’s not all about meeting up with a stranger though as if you do really get into the hobby, you will eventually make close and trusted friends like I have.

It’s all good fun in time ✌🏻

erika_1986

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair advice from @obscurity there.

Some people may be fairly willing to meet up with newbies without any evidence behind them as such but it does pose those risks, and mostly established members on the site won’t without some posts to your name so they can see what you’re capable of.

It’s not all about meeting up with a stranger though as if you do really get into the hobby, you will eventually make close and trusted friends like I have.

It’s all good fun in time ✌🏻
That's fair. So how do members start to connect. Comments on reports leading to invites etc?

chills

Queller of the uprising
That's fair. So how do members start to connect. Comments on reports leading to invites etc?

Sometimes but not always. A well established member took me under his wing and that’s how I got out to meet people, nonetheless, this is a rare occasion. What probably took his attention was that I uploaded reports on the site prior, and still do hence my connections.

Reports are the best way to find invites and connect with people. As has already been said, it will show people what you’re capable of and what you enjoy.

Research and you will find in time ✌🏻

erika_1986

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sometimes but not always. A well established member took me under his wing and that’s how I got out to meet people, nonetheless, this is a rare occasion. What probably took his attention was that I uploaded reports on the site prior, and still do hence my connections.

Reports are the best way to find invites and connect with people. As has already been said, it will show people what you’re capable of and what you enjoy.

Research and you will find in time ✌🏻
Cool, sounds good. I quite like this proving myself/initiation vibe! Even if I will probably screw up somehow and get arrested on my first solo exploration. 😅

chills

Queller of the uprising
Cool, sounds good. I quite like this proving myself/initiation vibe! Even if I will probably screw up somehow and get arrested on my first solo exploration. 😅

A0EAB790-A23E-45E8-92D1-B9D42A21E0A4.gif

labrat

28DL Member
28DL Member
Welcome
I'm not a millin miles away from you,the other side of Eastleigh.
Bene on and off exploring myslef for a while, but looking at getting back into this.
GIve me a shout if you fancy meeting up and going off somewhere.
Cheers
LR