real time web analytics
Irish urban exploration | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Irish urban exploration

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Giraffle

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, I have recently become obsessed with urban exploration and am wondering if you guys could give me a location or two to scout out in Ireland? I'm based in waterford.
Thanks a mill

chills

Queller of the uprising
Welcome to the site! Asking for locations outright doesn’t usually go down to well and unlikely get any recommendations with only this thread to your name. Get some reports uploaded and then you’ll maybe get some help and advice.

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
You're in a much better position to know more about Irish exploration than us as it's surprisingly not a country which gets covered much on here apart from a couple of asylums and mills. I think people tend to forget that it's there and get seduced by the draws of exploring in France/Belgium/Italy etc.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL from Cork.

If you’ve got transport the best thing to do is just head out and about. There’s LOADS to keep you busy.

You will get more help on here from members once you start posting up your experiences and show you’re making an effort.

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Just going for a wander anywhere in Ireland usually throws up something or other without too many problems, especially in more rural areas.

Fairly well known places in Waterford would be the old Ard Ri, the train tunnel on the Rosslare line after the docks or Mount Elliot tunnel in New Ross just up the road.

Use the search function on here to see what others have done close to you and go from there.

Good luck.

Irishmanlost

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your in the right end of Ireland for abandoned locations, and if your stuck there's plenty in the adjoining counties, it really is just a matter of getting out and looking, especially of the main roads.

leftyleft001

28DL Member
28DL Member
There's the Old Ard Ri, There's an old abandoned train bridge knows as the "red iron bridge" there's an abandoned warehouse that stored petrol / diesel and probably alcohol stuff at one point, you just gotta go out an look!