real time web analytics
Report - - Isola Factory, Cumbernauld, Scotland - 6/3/08 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Isola Factory, Cumbernauld, Scotland - 6/3/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Defqon

For most of my life i've looked at these buildings wondering what was in them, and finally i've had the chance to.

DSCF6538.jpg

This fabrication plant was once owned by OKI, although this has yet to be confirmed and in the year 2000'ish it was bought by ISOLA, a company that produced the base products for printed circuit boards. A fire gutted the bit at the back of the factory in 2003, although work continued until the 10th of February 2006.

Having driven by it earlier on in the week, Sonorg and I decided to check it out. Its rather stripped, but it is very, very big.

Stripped out offices and large open spaces are in abundance here.

This is not access, only leads to a boiler room
DSCF6507.jpg

More industry than you could shake a stick at!
DSCF6540.jpg

DSCF6534.jpg

DSCF6528.jpg

DSCF6522.jpg

DSCF6520.jpg

DSCF6518.jpg

DSCF6517.jpg

DSCF6516.jpg

DSCF6514.jpg

This was the best bit, must have been about 6-7 stories high! Will need to get back here and get to the top!

DSCF6512.jpg

DSCF6549.jpg

Upon checking Companies House, the company have been dissolved which would explain why the premises are so stripped out.

D

Defqon

Re: Isola Factory, Cumbernauld, Scotland - 6/3/08 - Report

They are, although have moved to new premises behind the Ward Park retail Park.

Here are a few more
DSCF6542.jpg

DSCF6536.jpg

DSCF6533.jpg

DSCF6531.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GorGor

28DL Member
28DL Member
UPDATE - IN 2011 THESE PREMISES WERE CONVERTED INTO WARDPARK STUDIOS WHERE OUTLANDER AND AVENGERS : INFINITY WARS HAVE SINCE BEEN FILMED