real time web analytics
Report - - J.P. Dental Surgery, NY USA April 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - J.P. Dental Surgery, NY USA April 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
This is one of those places that I was debating whether or not to post.

Approaching the building we knew it was a former dental surgery and we knew it had been empty for the last five or so years after the death of the owner, we expected what you'd think would be in there - a couple of rooms, maybe one dental chair and all modernised with the changing times and everything else emptied out. What we actually got was anything but.

The whole building was a time capsule. It's an expression I've seen bandied around by people in exploring communities a lot by now to describe houses as well as other things, but until I walked into here I didn't understand what a time capsule property truly meant.

It was one of those rare 'jaw on the floor' moments for me, as well as my two friends. The owner was meticulous in keeping his surgery ordered and clean, however almost nothing had been updated since at least the 1970s. There were two old-style dental chairs, an incredible Ritter X-Ray machine as well as literally everything you would need to open up the surgery the very next day. Nothing had been cleared out, drawers were still mostly full of assorted dentist things sealed in their packages. It was like stepping back in time in every room. The floors weren't even that clinical laminate you see everywhere, they were still old fashioned carpeting - something you'd never see nowadays! The property had an upstairs apartment where he once lived however that was stripped bare in stark contrast to downstairs.

I was so taken aback by the sheer amount of cool things in here I didn't take nearly enough photos, had we had longer inside too I might well have felt comfortable enough to crack out a different lens but we didn't want to outstay our welcome.

IMG_4139.jpg
IMG_4141.jpg
IMG_4142.jpg
IMG_4143.jpg
IMG_4144.jpg
IMG_4145.jpg
IMG_4147.jpg
IMG_4148.jpg
IMG_4149.jpg
IMG_4150.jpg
IMG_4151.jpg
IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4153.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4159.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg

Thanks for looking, as always :)

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
That is remarkable mate. The dentists at St Mary’s Asylum was wonderful but this is next level. Good stuff again!