real time web analytics
Report - - Japanese mining town, empty since the 1970s | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Japanese mining town, empty since the 1970s

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

L

Lupin

The town housed around 3,000 people at its peak, but judging by calenders found in the place, it was abandoned in the early to mid 1970s. A few buildings have sadly been demolished, and one are two are on their last legs, but there's thankfully still a lot to see.

nitchitsu.jpg

doctors_haikyo2.jpg

doctors_haikyo11.jpg

haikyo_bed.jpg

haikyo_restaurant.jpg

doll.jpg

For a lot more pictures, and a bit more information, please visit my website here: Tokyo Times

E

exis7

I checked this out, and your website but never posted - very nice pics and the place looks great. Good eff!

Vivo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was planning on visiting Japon this year to visit Gunkanjima this year but alas, no luck. Maybe 2009 will be more fruitful.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Well I say lets ban Lupin! - anyone that turns in such a cracker of a first report is going to show us all up!

Nice one mate.

sqwasher

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Blimey! Nice find & great pics! The mist/fog in your first pic really adds to the photo! :thumb

Well Wasp

Buzzzzzzzzzzz
28DL Full Member
Stunning

its in amazing condition to have been left in the 70's, Pripyat was left in the 80's and natural decay has fubared that place

first picture is amazing, truely stunning views

although did you find this online or did you take the pictures? either way good find and thankyou for shareing

L

Lupin

Thanks for the nice comments. Glad you liked the pics.

Admittedly though the place is so fantastic that it's hard not to take half decent pictures. Just wish there were more sites like this around the Tokyo area.

Oh, and while I'm no medical expert, I'm pretty sure that is a brain in the jar. Can't think what else it can be. God knows what the other stuff in the jars is though...