real time web analytics
Report - - Jubilee Swimming Pool, Newcastle Under Lyme - July 2015 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Jubilee Swimming Pool, Newcastle Under Lyme - July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr. Bergstrom

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ace! Cheers for posting these pics! I went down yesterday but couldn't see the slide! :) Glad I got to see it here! haha

Trying to familiarise myself with the place in your photos. There has been quite a bit more knocked down now!

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Ace! Cheers for posting these pics! I went down yesterday but couldn't see the slide! :) Glad I got to see it here! haha

Trying to familiarise myself with the place in your photos. There has been quite a bit more knocked down now!

Cheers mate, yea it looked like it was being prepared for removal, shame it's being knocked down. It's a really nice old building.

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Maybe next time you could just ask the site manager for a tour, not as exciting as breaking in I know but maybe a bit safer and easier.
Sounds like a typical site manager to me.no friends so asking people to come and spend time with him

Seffy

Staff member
Not bad that, do love a bit of pool derp. Got there just in time by the looks of it, although I would guess that it's now doable because of the gaping hole in the wall :D

ThisWay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for sharing. I learnt to swim here so it's sad to see. Did you climb over the fence to get in the grounds? I wanted to get in but didn't dare on my own, and it was around 6pm on a weekday so quite busy. I need to find some exploring friends!

Sprogletto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
New Find on 28DL

The Jubilee Swimming Baths is (was) a large twin pool leisure centre located in the centre of Newcastle Under Lyme in Staffordshire. The pool was opened in 1906 and closed in December 2010. The building is made up of several different extensions to the original structure. The site also hosted a gym (Castle Gym) that was based on the top floor overlooking the swimming pool, and also a large waterslide. The building is currently partially demolished with the rest of the building due to be taken down over the next few weeks.

Finding access to the building wasn't really difficult as you can see from the second photo.

KNig-Edward-VII-Memorial-Baths-Nelson-Place-Newcastle.jpg

IMG_6568.JPG

IMG_6390.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

IMG_6399.JPG

IMG_6403.JPG

IMG_6405.JPG

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6482.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

Cheers For Looking. :thumb
Used to have swimming lessons in Primary School in the 2000’s here. Always used to hate the ‘big’ pool as the side which you have to hold on was always green mossy and flaky white. The toilets where instead of a hand dryer theres a blue hand towel roll that tou turn for a new peice whilst the dirty disappears in the back of it. Oh and the feet wash after the changing rooms before the pool that you were forced into that wasn't ever cleaned so had dirty feet smell to it

Kathryn P

28DL Member
28DL Member
New Find on 28DL

The Jubilee Swimming Baths is (was) a large twin pool leisure centre located in the centre of Newcastle Under Lyme in Staffordshire. The pool was opened in 1906 and closed in December 2010. The building is made up of several different extensions to the original structure. The site also hosted a gym (Castle Gym) that was based on the top floor overlooking the swimming pool, and also a large waterslide. The building is currently partially demolished with the rest of the building due to be taken down over the next few weeks.

Finding access to the building wasn't really difficult as you can see from the second photo.

KNig-Edward-VII-Memorial-Baths-Nelson-Place-Newcastle.jpg

IMG_6568.JPG

IMG_6390.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

IMG_6399.JPG

IMG_6403.JPG

IMG_6405.JPG

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6482.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

Cheers For Looking. :thumb
These photos brought a tear to my eye. I used to work here. I was there on the last day it was open and I left the building and watched the doors close for the last time. I have so many wonderful memories of this place and though it is gone it will always hold a place in my heart. I remember going swimming here with my grandad as my grandmother say on the chairs above and told him to be careful because he could get cramp. I remember walking under the pool to get meter readings and banging the pipes with another piece of pipe to scare away the rats. I remember when the supervisor forgot to turn the pool off fill and we flooded the reception. That's real history. I had so many colleagues who were amazing people. I miss them all and I'll miss that building but I'll never forget. Thank you for these photos. They remind me of so many happy memories.

Who has read this thread (Total: 148) View details