real time web analytics
Report - - Keighley culvert - Keighley - 19/02/2023 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Keighley culvert - Keighley - 19/02/2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
First explore of the year found me up at Keighley , a fairly short culvert in length only 261 meters long but fairly large and a couple of features in the middle made it worth doing . Parking up in Morrisons car park just below beck street it was a really short walk up to the outfall and in to the north beck

P2190199.JPG

P2190183.JPG
once inside away from joe public i got kitted up on the dry patch
P2190185.JPG
underground stone bridge one of 2 on this explore
P2190186.JPG
looking back to the start ( outfall ) then looking upstream
P2190187.JPG
bit of a waterfall here had to keep to the left as the right hand side was deeper
P2190189.JPG
P2190188.JPG
some serious girders holding up the roof here
P2190192.JPG
another hidden stone bridge this on was was a lot higher reminded me of a mini megatron ! lol
P2190190.JPG
carrying on upstream. One thing to mention about this culvert was the force of the water coming down it was rampant ! considering its been a dry start to the year it was surprising it would have been a problem getting this done in wetter conditions
P2190193.JPG
some of the best stonework i have seen in this next section mint craftmanship
P2190195.JPG
looking downstream then next pic looking upstream
P2190194.JPG
P2190196.JPG
nearly out
P2190197.JPG
picture of the infall at the side of oakworth road complete with table and chairs if you fancy a brew afterwards ! lol There are other sections of culvert below the outfall and another one further upstream but this is the main one hope you enjoyed my pics thanks for viewing :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Like this. That flagstone mid section is lovely. The water does look deep in the opening pic. Looks fast in places too. Good job. Graff gets everywhere! Surprised by that.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks Jane the photos dont really show it but the river was raging down , only a short one but rocky underfoot nice to get back out again exploring :D

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
If you're in the area then have look down the road at Skipton, there's a really nice and varied drain under there.