real time web analytics
Report - - Kingfield Heath, Birmingham, May 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kingfield Heath, Birmingham, May 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Every time I went Birmingham, I never failed to spot at least 4 new derps, so it was about time I compiled a list and ended up with 23 possible places including a library and a church. Only that day ended up being my first ever massive disappointment whereby I only managed to get into 2 of the 23 places. A real fucking bummer. Kingfield Heath was the first place I slipped into, which made me feel optimistic about the fat list of places to go through, but unfortunately my optimism deflated quicker than a popped balloon. Anyway, the building was quite nice, lots of shrubbery and trees growing inside giving it that good ol' post apocalyptic feel I like, similar to The Last Of Us. There were homeless living in there, which was quite an unsettling shock, but one guy was passed out under a blanket which left the other wandering one to be 1 vs 3. He nodded in our direction and went and joined his passed out homie.

There was an ample amount of needles and heroin in the building too. Looking at previous reports I seemed to have completely missed the inside parts with the lights and more artistic graffiti, which is mind boggling because it felt like I had seen pretty much all of the building. Done with Yorrick and a non member.

The place looks to be soon demolished and converted into appartments : http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/business/new-apartments-digbeth-site-ravaged-12344571

History taken from DdotMC as this place has been done ample amount of times for me to go into detailed info on the place -

"The History:
John Heath established his stationery business in 1852, delivering office products around the Birmingham area and later into other parts of the country.

According to a trade press article in The British & Colonial Printer and Stationer, 1892,

" John Heath was the originator of a plan of displaying the miscellanea of the stationery trade that has contributed more than any other that we know to the fostering of small sales, with consequent profits. Gradually other houses adopted the same method of showing their wares."

In February of 1993 John Heath acquired Neville and Gladstone, another national wholesaler of office products. Neville and Gladstone had themselves previously acquired Pilot Stationers, Brady and Hunt and Beaumonts Furniture. N & G also introduced their own Punchline brand subsequently adopted by John Heath.

Kingfield Heath was formed in October 1999 by the acquisition of John Heath and Co, the oldest office products wholesaler in the UK, by Kingfield Wholesale Office Supplies.

Between 2000 and 2002 the company set about an ambitious integration of the two companies. The transition included relocation to a new purpose built headquarters in Sheffield and the investment of £20 million in a new 11,000,000 cu ft. Distribution Centre at the heart of the UK motorway network at Magna Park in Leicestershire.

During this time the branch network was cut from 17 sites to the 9 that are in operation today, with a reduction in staffing from 1,500 to less than 1,000 employees."
13z304y.jpg

f4nqdi.jpg

24e51sm.jpg
6dqyjs.jpg

2427r11.jpg

vsltte.jpg
oigch3.jpg

24fgwt0.jpg
3168dgo.jpg
24gr7zq.jpg

2w3z42q.jpg

bi9bgn.jpg
o5c6z6.jpg
155td2b.jpg
m73vxw.jpg

2qch16d.jpg
25a25jt.jpg
b84k8x.jpg

jq72ug.jpg

t8aufa.jpg

Cheers lads :thumb

Urban_Tomb_Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Plus 4 more you spotted on the day I think. Biggest day of fail I've had too.

Your photos came out okay though

And I think that was my fault...I just wanted to gtfo.

I kinda wanna return to the last place we tried and climb the gate now, but no guarantee of inside access regardless. Also what's the name of the other place we managed to get into?