real time web analytics
Report - - Kingfield Heath Birmingham - September 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kingfield Heath Birmingham - September 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dee Explores

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So After A Couple Of Weeks Of Myself @jellyfish and non member Copper & Gibo not going out on an explore we thought it was only right we hit the centre of our home Birmingham Town Centre, As there is a lot of derelict buildings you are never stuck for a place to try and investigate. Me & non member Copper found this place after being kicked of a bus a few weeks ago and decided it looked quiet easy to gain entry and would be worth a visit back to the place to get in with @jellyfish and non member Gibo. Little did we know that on the other side of the door was just loads of empty space, loads of random stairs, and a lift. Well that pretty much all what's left, after returning home this morning I thought it was about time to do my first report and do some research in to Kingfield Heath, so I search Google and the first thing that showed was a 28dayslater report back from 2007 http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/kingfield-heath-birmingham-17th-june-2007.t15471, wouldn't say this is a place to go and explore unless you like long empty rooms, but there was some really grate street art inside and around this building.

The History:
John Heath established his stationery business in 1852, delivering office products around the Birmingham area and later into other parts of the country.

According to a trade press article in The British & Colonial Printer and Stationer, 1892,

" John Heath was the originator of a plan of displaying the miscellanea of the stationery trade that has contributed more than any other that we know to the fostering of small sales, with consequent profits. Gradually other houses adopted the same method of showing their wares."

In February of 1993 John Heath acquired Neville and Gladstone, another national wholesaler of office products. Neville and Gladstone had themselves previously acquired Pilot Stationers, Brady and Hunt and Beaumonts Furniture. N & G also introduced their own Punchline brand subsequently adopted by John Heath.

Kingfield Heath was formed in October 1999 by the acquisition of John Heath and Co, the oldest office products wholesaler in the UK, by Kingfield Wholesale Office Supplies.

Between 2000 and 2002 the company set about an ambitious integration of the two companies. The transition included relocation to a new purpose built headquarters in Sheffield and the investment of £20 million in a new 11,000,000 cu ft. Distribution Centre at the heart of the UK motorway network at Magna Park in Leicestershire.

During this time the branch network was cut from 17 sites to the 9 that are in operation today, with a reduction in staffing from 1,500 to less than 1,000 employees.

Pictures:
On Arrival

21192293530_37aee27043_b.jpg

21193445349_3df5feef4c_b.jpg

In Event Of A Fire Please Run Through This Wall

20757691674_1b3df6414b_b.jpg

In the Main Entrance

21380394515_6742d7f250_b.jpg

Lighting In Main Entrance

21193426899_904fa77ff7_b.jpg

We Went To Find BRUM

21388597071_43d9febf82_b.jpg

Finally Some Final Street Art

21369474432_a17a1c922e_b.jpg

Thanks For Reading My First Report All Feedback Welcome.

Sonia2221

28DL Member
28DL Member
this is my great grandfather Walter Hargrave Heath's business, his uncle was John Heath, they went into partnership, Walter died in 1922. His successor was my great uncle but he died a year later leaving his sister Rosalind as the "secretary" her Husband Arthur Marsden ran things for years after that. Can I make a claim!! lol