real time web analytics
Report - - Kraftwerk Bäckerei, Germany, August 2023 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kraftwerk Bäckerei, Germany, August 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
So I finally got to do some exploring this summer holidays. We planned to explore power stations in western Germany, but my friend I usually do explores with had too much work and not enough time. Ultimately, I had to settle for cleaning up my Eastern Germany catalog, which worked out quite nicely.

The location is a small power plant, part of an abandoned sugar mill. You wouldn't even guess it had a turbine from the satellite photos. My friend already visited it sometime in May, so I had some info about the entry. Demolition work was already in progress - the sugar mill was stripped, and the power plant had some work done on it. We were worried the turbine would be dismantled, but it was still intact when we visited. There isn't much more of any significance there. The boilers are in bad shape, and there isn't any control room to speak of - just a box with a computer and a bunch of trash.

The sugar mill was built sometime in the late 1800s. From what I could find, the power plant was built in the 1950s, which would roughly align with the turbine present. It was modernized at some point in the 90s. The plant stopped operating along with the sugar mill in the 2010s.

The explore was mostly uneventful, but a part of the territory is still active, so we had to be careful. The pigeons in the boiler house were a concern, flying around and being annoying, so we took a quick look around, went straight into the turbine hall, and got out. As such, I only have photos of the turbine - it is a nice turbine though, and it was worth the trip.

53134067812_c6b4c9dfe4_b.jpg

53135142598_d042021309_b.jpg

53134873234_b4342b5258_b.jpg

53134667446_7c3eeca09c_b.jpg

53134067787_41fe2fca69_b.jpg

Thanks for reading​

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I can't ever remember seeing a pic of one on here so a nice rarity for you.
I believe this one is not on 28DL yet, but for the sake of transparency - someone from Germany posted it in a facebook group at some point this year, that's the first time I saw it posted publicly.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Can't get enough of your reports and pics. That turbine is lovely, shame about those pigeons in the boiler house as it would've been nice to see but still worth it just for the turbine itself :thumb