real time web analytics
Report - - Kraftwerk V, Germany - May 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kraftwerk V, Germany - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Kraftwerk V is an abandoned power plant in Germany. The power plant was seriously huge – once home to 12 turbines in a single hall. The turbines have since been removed, but the turbine hall remains, complete with two small control rooms.

A further, much larger control room remains in perfect condition. The control room appears to have been preserved just how it would have been when the plant closed. A vast array of traditional control panels surround the room, along with a few stations in the centre. Amazingly we also discovered the lights still work.

Visited with SpiderMonkey as always, along with Val from Val's Darkroom and Robin Decay.

kraftwerk-v-2.jpg

1. Huge turbine hall

kraftwerk-v-11.jpg

2. Cool floor!

kraftwerk-v-10.jpg

3. Dismantled turbine

kraftwerk-v-6.jpg

4. Small control room

kraftwerk-v-31.jpg

5. Valves

kraftwerk-v-27.jpg

6. More valves

kraftwerk-v-34.jpg

7. My brother had a trailer like this for his toy tractor when we were kids. It was cool.

kraftwerk-v-37.jpg

8. Derpy control room hidden away in the boiler house

kraftwerk-v-45.jpg

9. Coal conveyors

kraftwerk-v-36.jpg

10. Boiler house

kraftwerk-v-43.jpg

11. Top of the boiler house

kraftwerk-v-40.jpg

12. The ornamental flowers look a bit like electric motors.

kraftwerk-v-39.jpg

13. Spacious living room

kraftwerk-v-42.jpg

14. Two steering wheels. One for the pilot and one for the co-pilot.

Are you ready for the best bit....

kraftwerk-v-26.jpg

15. Woah! How did that happen!

kraftwerk-v-24.jpg

16. Plush purple seats and bright red blinds. Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen eat your heart out.

kraftwerk-v-22.jpg

17. Bat phones.

kraftwerk-v-19.jpg

18. Fisheye is needed to fir this lot in!

kraftwerk-v-21.jpg

19. Yummy panels.​

Last edited:

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Fair enough, I thought this was a museum/permission

Last edited:

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice work, i did get the chance to look round here a few years ago ( permission ) while working in the area..it really is massive. fantastic photography mate.

captainweird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can answer that, I used to build the bloody things! You can't have bright colours, as any warning lights won't show up and you get reflections, leading to operators with knackered eyes. We used to use that green colour, a sort of pale blue, grey crackle finish and that was it.

Phil

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Class, what were the black and white photos above the control panels of?

They were old photos from around the power plant - unfortunately I didn't get any close-ups of them. They were just stuck on, not framed or anything so I assume they were put up after the place's museum days, maybe for an open day or something.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
I can answer that, I used to build the bloody things! You can't have bright colours, as any warning lights won't show up and you get reflections, leading to operators with knackered eyes. We used to use that green colour, a sort of pale blue, grey crackle finish and that was it.

Wow that's pretty interesting, thanks for the info. :)