real time web analytics
Report - - Kwik Save Supermarket, Portsmouth - September 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kwik Save Supermarket, Portsmouth - September 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
This place only became accessible about a week ago. It's fairly close to me so I decided to go and take a look with two friends of mine.

THE HISTORY: I don't know much about the building itself, but I do know that this building used to house Portsmouth's only Kwik Save discount supermarket, I don't know when it first opened. The supermarket was closed down when the company itself went into administration and closed down roughly 80 stores in 2007, leaving the building empty. The building itself has been for sale since it became empty, but it seems that nobody has bought it, leaving it to deteriorate.

THE PLACE:
The building itself is in a sorry state, the interior of the building has quite literally fallen apart, the main shopping floor is strewn with fallen ceiling tiles, insulation and plasterboard. Not to mention massive piles of the stuff in some corners of the main shop floor. The upstairs section has been ripped to shreds, with the walls holed in many different places and bags of rubbish left in the rooms. The building is structurally sound, but the inside is quite literally an empty shell, an eerie one at that considering how dark it gets at the back of the shop floor, not much light can get there since the main shop windows have been boarded over.

THE EXPLORE:
It was more of an in-and-out explore than anything else. We didn't really find any surprises apart from some homeless person's sleeping bag in the stairwell and a few dead pigeons upstairs. We all felt how eerie it was on the main shop floor, especially with my crappy torch. An interesting explore, since it is local to me and I've known about it for years... But going back here is pointless after the first time.

THE PICTURES:
DSC_0182.JPG

The front of the supermarket from the other side of the street. What an eyesore...

DSC_0184.JPG

The courtyard? I don't know what to call this. The fences for the trolleys are still there.

DSC_0187.JPG

The view when you walk through the door. The main shop floor is an absolute mess. Note the two double doors at the back, what's in there will be visited further down.

DSC_0189.JPG

Looking to the left from where I came in, huge piles of crap lie around in the corners.

DSC_0183.JPG

Looking to the right of where I came in, that container looking structure is actually a small room with some old circuit boards inside. It's part of the actual building it seems.

ON TO THE BACK ROOM!

DSC_0190.JPG

This is the back room through the double doors at the back of the main shop floor. There appears to be some kind of Air Conditioning or refrigeration unit in front of me. Through that door is just a room full of bin bags.

DSC_0192.JPG

One of the Air Conditioning/refrigeration units.

DSC_0186.JPG

The view when coming out of the back room.

NOW, UPSTAIRS!

DSC_0193.JPG

The stairwell.

DSC_0196.JPG

At the top of the stairwell.

DSC_0197.JPG

To the right of the stairs is a door that couldn't be seen in the previous photo, this door leads to... Well, toilets.

DSC_0198.JPG

Main corridor, the plasterboard is destroyed. The first side door you see leads to another set of toilets, I have skipped them in this report.

DSC_0200.JPG

Looking down on the shop floor from the corridor, I guess the missing plasterboard made for a decent shot.

DSC_0199.JPG

First office, second door down the corridor.

DSC_0201.JPG

Second office, third door down the corridor. This one has a whiteboard... If you could call it that with all the crap that's on it.

DSC_0202.JPG

Third and final office at the end of the corridor, cupboard in the corner is empty. There's dead pigeons in here... It smells.

ON THE WAY OUT:

DSC_0202[1].JPG

"Let's get out of here lads."

DSC_0195.JPG

Snapped the modern board on the way out. It's in the stairwell.

DSC_0185.JPG

Aren't laws made to be broken?

Well, there you have it guys. Hope you liked it. I plan to hopefully get a better camera at some point.

- Rainey