real time web analytics
Report - - Kyneton Hospital, Country Victoria, Australia, 12-12-09 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kyneton Hospital, Country Victoria, Australia, 12-12-09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

virusman26

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stumbled upon this one on a tour around Kyneton in Aus. My brother-in-law used to live opposite here up until it closed in 2003.
"The building, opened in 1853, did not start taking in patients until four years later. The hospital was decommissioned in 2003 when the new Kyneton Hospital was built.

One of the possible accommodation sites being considered was the morgue.

“It is a beautiful little outhouse which I hope to one day market as the world’s smallest bed and breakfast, albeit for those into the macabre,â€￾ she said.
Earlier this month an auction was held which did not reach the reserve price of $1.1 million. Kyneton Historical Society president Larina Strauch said the hospital had grown with Kyneton with the eastern wing proceeding the western wing and the balcony added in 1891."

I only got into the morgue building and a small lab out building. The main admin section has been ripped down to what you see here now, but it would originally had a mass of wards to the right of the main admin block.

IMGP6353.gif

View attachment 174691

View attachment 174692

Path Lab
View attachment 174693

View attachment 174694

Morgue
View attachment 174695

View attachment 174696

View attachment 174697

Previously body storage
View attachment 174698

Was a very rushed job, and gutted that we couldn't get in the main block. Maybe I'll go back before I come home!!
Aerial shot of what's left:
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...id=105737460&img=c&s=vic&width=800&height=600

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details